1

"Wake up, wake up, wake up, it's the first of the monthhh" Jermaine sung smoking his cigarette. Pulling his work pants up he walked into the halls banging on the walls to wake his kids up.

"Wake up, wake up, its the first dayyy". He tried singing in the same rhythm. "Come on kids I wanna see what y'all looking like before I head out for work".

Jerome was already up, counting the hundreds he had stacked up in his shoe box. He sighed and rubbed his forehead. "Man what the fuck". Still short on the money he owed. Jermaine knocked on the door before coming in.

Jerome hurried and stuffed the money into the box, sliding it under the bed. "Wassup son" jermaine said slowly entering the room. "Senior year huh?"

Looking around he seen all of Jerome past jerseys hung up on his wall, followed behind newspaper articles and some of his trophies sitting on a shelf. The others showcased in the living room.

"I'm proud of you man, I really am". Jerome nodded and looked at his dad. "Appreciate you pops".

"Knock Knock" Journee soft knocks caught the attention of her brother and father. "Goodmorning guys".

Jerome and jermaine looked at each Other and smirked. "Man journee get them noodles out yo head man".

"Jerome these are called flexi rods". Journee laughed and carefully touched one of the rods. "My hair gonna be so cute". She did a little dance sticking her tongue out.

"Aye aye well gone and get yo wanna be cute ass ready. Can't be late the first day".

————

"Ayeee Jrow in this bitch" Larrence dapped Jerome up, they did their traditional handshake. The rest of the football team came to the ordinary table.

Journee sat next to her brother. Looking around the cafeteria she scanned the people who was greeting their friends, happy to see them.

She huffed. A little disappointed she didn't know anybody, she was new to the school. And somewhat the city.

Jerome looked at her and furrowed his eyebrows."go make some friends or something". Rolling her eyes Journee turned to face him. "You saying that like this is elementary romey...I'm not about to walk up to none of these girls and they look at me like I'm crazy. I'm already new here".

He sucked his teeth. "Man I wish a bitch would". He looked around in disgust. "It's a privilege to be in your presence anyways sis".

Journee took his words in, feeling a sense of appreciation.

Ever since she moved with their mom, her and his relationship fell of and been rocky ever since. Journees only 2 years younger than Jerome. Making her 15.

A shadow blocked out the light that was shining on her face. She looked up and seen a boy standing in front of her but facing Jerome.

Her eyes widened a little due to the fact the boy was fine as hell. She swallowed spit and turned a little so she won't be tempted to keep looking up.

"Mar!" Jerome said, excited to see his longtime friend. He stood up and dapped Mar up.

"MarMar?" Journee thought to herself. She remembered that name from when she was younger.

The bell rung indicating it was time for the students to head to their first class. Journees heart dropped because this meant she had to leave her brothers side.

She grabbed Jerome hand when she realized he was quick to get up. "You not gone help me?" She said in a low tone since his friends was kinda in her mouth.