6. Confession

Começar do início

I snuggled in the warm embrace and I felt it get warmer.

"Go to sleep baby. Its just a dream"  a deep voice spoke and I felt good.

I felt calmer.

I felt comfortable, and I again fell asleep.

----------------------

I took in a deep breath as I turned to the side. I opened my eyes and the bed was empty. I got up to see that the side where Alex slept, was empty and well made.

"Alex?" I got out of the bed and stood up.

"Alex?" I called out a little louder.

But still no response.

I looked back at the bed to see that there were pillows neatly kept on the sofa next to the bed.

The same pillows that were used to make the wall.

I walked in the living room to find him.

"Alexander?"

It was when my eyes met with a piece of paper on my kitchen counter. I walked to it and picked it up.

' Thank you for everything. I had to go due to some work, and I couldn't get myself to wake you up. You look beautiful even in your sleep.

Accept my small gift of appreciation. '

-Alexander

Just right next to the note, there was a huge box of the most beautiful set of scented candles.

I gasped and a huge smile across my face.

I absolutely love scented candles.

Then it struck me, how did he know I love candles?

I looked around my house, and every corner had two or three candles. But then, this was the first time he had come to my house.

'Maybe he just guessed it'

I shook my head as I kept the note. I decided to arranged the candles later and get ready for work first.

-----------------------------------------

It's been exactly 2 months since the wound incident and I think that I am developing feelings for him. Genuine feelings.

I would often see him at the café, he would sit in one place, and order something or the other, basically what I made.

Whenever I would walk past him or do anything, I would find myself looking at him. And then, our eyes would meet and I would smile, he would smirk and then I would blush at it.

It became like a routine.

Jake and Leo were back from their honeymoon and Jake was literally glowing. In fact, both of them were. I am really happy that its finally official now for them.

Today, I had taken a day off to spend time with Jake and Harper, as she was in town after a long time.

We went shopping and gossiped about everything. Pretty soon, our hands were filled up with at least 10 bags of each brand, including the thrifted clothes.

After spending our energies on shopping, we decide to the eat something and went to an Italian restaurant.

We spoke for sometime when a comfortable silence fell between us.

"So. Mia, a little birdy told me that Alexander and you are getting close"

I choked on my iced tea and I started coughing. I looked at him with wide eyes.