The bell chimed and when I looked to see who it was, Alexander stood there with his dominating and powerful aura. Everyone in the café suddenly became stiff and upright. The girls, pulled their shirts down and a few men adjusted their hair and sat upright.

I took a deep breath, "he is just a normal customer" I just nodded at him and went back to my work of arranging the books.

I took in a deep breath just to get the smell of his masculine cologne.

From my side view, I saw him sitting down to the nearest table next to me.

I suddenly became conscious of him. I just walked away knowing his order will be taken care of with one of co-workers.

I walked back to the main counter as quickly as possible and I tried to find some work over there.

I looked at the computer to feel less imitated by his hard gaze.

"Hey there Mia" a voice greeted me and I looked up to see Howard leaning against the counter, too close for my liking.

"Hey Howard" I stepped back a bit because it was still not enough, and I again looked down at the computer to admire the plain screen.

"So you weren't here for a long time, I missed you"

I looked up and gave him a tight smile. And then I saw that there was something not right with the bookshelf.

"Do you need anything? I have a busy day" I asked as I walked out of the counter and made my way again towards the bookshelf.

"Oh ya, about that" He chuckles as he followed me.

"I was thinking, I'll take you on a date and maybe we can talk about our marriage "

I stopped midway and looked at him in shock.

"Excuse me?"

"I want to marry you and I'm sure you will say yes" he said arrogantly and I just looked at him still in shock.

Before I could say anything.

I felt someone grab my waist from the back and pull me towards a hard chest.

I was about to panic but then his cologne calmed down my nerves. And I suddenly felt safe.

"Who the fuck are you? " he asks and I winced at his harsh tone.

Howard widened his eyes and started to tremble, 'What's with people trembling whenever he talked to them? '

"Mr. King..... I- I I am her fu- fu- future fiancé"

At this Alex suddenly pushed me behind him and stepped towards Howard, easily towering at him.

"Listen here mutt, I will not repeat myself, she is mine and I don't want your filthy mind or presence near her. I see you again, near her, looking at her or even talking to her, you see what I do to you. And you know what I can do anything, don't you?"

"Ye- ye- yes sir" Howard stammered. I couldn't see his face because I was hidden, before I could step aside Howard had run off. Alex turned and looked at me with fire in his eyes.

"Are you really going to marry him? " He asked with his jaws clenched.

"What? No. Never" and I cross my arms

And he just looked at me in my eyes. And it was broken off when his phone rang.

" I have to go Mia. Till then take care of yourself. Also, you look beautiful"

He says as he kisses my forehead, and leaves.

His gesture made me bite my lip and I felt heat run throughout my whole body.