2.8| PROMISES.

DAY 4: Read erotica together before sex. Find good erotica online and each pick a short story.

Chapter dedication: Tanith-Low

Song recommendation: When somebody loves you back - Teddy Pendergrass. 🎧🎶

*

When Lee finally got her emotions under control, Chris set up the pillows and blanket, but he made sure some section of the red blanket was bare so he could place two plates and two wine glasses—which he retrieved from the picnic basket—on it. She sat back and watched him with shiny eyes.

There was no man like Chris. It was as simple as that.

The smell of fresh food wafted in the air as he began to set up the food he brought out of the basket. There were small sandwiches, fresh salad in white tupperware, and four baguettes with specialty meat that looked to be a steaming lamb sirloin.

"This is the main course," Chris said after he had dished their food. He settled beside her. "I didn't know what you would prefer, so I had them prepare a little bit of everything."

Lee pecked his nose and drew back with a smile. "It's fine, thank you." She picked her fork and knife and began to eat.

Chris did the same too. The sun had sunk low in the sky, but not enough to be alarmed about being engulfed in darkness. It made the setting look romantic and companionable without even trying too hard. Lee savoured each bite with satisfied sighs and moans. It made Chris chuckle.

"What's so funny?" She asked around a mouthful of the sirloin and baguette.

"It's really entertaining to watch you eat. You make this sounds and sighs that shows how much you're enjoying the food."

She ducked her head. "I'm sorry. But I can't help it."

Chris hooked two fingers under her her chin and raised her head up with their eyes met. "Don't be. I did not say that because I am mocking you, it was merely an observation. In fact, I find it satisfying because it means I did right by ordering us these meal."

She nodded.

He retrieved his fingers and reached for the bottle of champagne. He got a corkscrew from the basket and opened the bottle with a loud pop. Then he poured the wine into their cups, handed her a glass, then plopped the bottle in the ice cooler to keep it cold.

Chris waited until she drank from it before asking, "How is it?"

"It's delicious." She took another sip. "Firm yet gentle at the same."

He laughed. "That was what he sommelier said after I asked for the champagne."

"What's the name?"

"Krug Grande Cuvée NV."

"Wow." She took another sip. "I love it. "

Chris tore off a part of the lamb, speared it with his fork and raised it to her lips. Lee accepted the offering with a smile. She tore off a chunk of the baguette, stuffed it with meat and fed it to him. Chris nibbled on her fingers after he accepted the food which made her laugh as she drew her finger back.

"What's the worst pickup line you've ever heard?" Chris asked her.

"Ah, don't even get me started because you'll never win. And I've heard worse in my life."

"Really?" He raised a brow. "I am a guy, remember? We give out pickup lines like nobody's business."

"And that's why guys get slapped more often than not." She huffed. "Some lines are downright stupid and crass."