"Yeah. But we still have to know who has the more lines between us."

She narrowed her eyes and pointed her fork at him. "Bring it on, Ross."

"I will, Arden. First, we need snacks if we're getting this on." Chris cleared their empty plates and set up the snacks he asked them to include in the picnic set.

Fresh blue berries, sugar coated nuts, hummus and pita bread (without the garlic, of course) and olives were in several plastic tupperwares along with spoons and forks. Another plastic container held smore brownies topped with marshmallows for dessert, but he planned to unveil that as the last surprise.

"Why do I feel like that basket is bottomless and will keep coughing up things I didn't know people could pack in a picnic basket?"

Chris grinned. "That's because it's larger than the normal picnic basket. Here." He fed her an olive. "Now, we can snack and talk."

"Do you have a name? Or can I call you mine?" Lee grinned as she sucked on a berry.

"Baby, I'm not a photographer, but I can picture us together."

Lee shook her head. "Boo!" She gave him a thumbs down sign.

"Mine was better than yours."

"Ah!" She drank from the sparkling bottled water Chris handed her. "One a scale of one to ten, you're a nine and—"

"I'm the one you need," Chris finished for her. "That's so old school. Do you like science? Because I've got my eye on you."

"Chris, we're not supposed to finish each other's sentences. That's a minus on your part."

"What? Are we counting scores now?"

"Yeah. We are now."

He puffed out his cheeks, then exhaled while cracking his fingers. "You're on, baby."

"This is going to sound cheesy, but you're the gratest."

"Is that even a word?"

She stuck out her tongue at him. "It is now."

"Are you from Tennessee? Because you're the only ten I see."

She made a face. "That was horrible. Don't say anything, just admit. . .shit!"
Lee jumped when a drop of rain hit her cheek. "Hurry, Chris. It's about to rain."

"What the hell?" Chris murmured as he leaped to his feet and rushed to pack up their basket, but it was too late. Within seconds the heavens opened up and poured torrents of water down on them.

Lee managed to get most of their things in the basket, while Chris packed up the blankets and pillow. They ran for cover and stood under a cypress tree while the rain became more heavy.

"You didn't check the weather forecast for today?" She asked him, her whole form dripping with water. Thank God she wasn't on her period. That would have been embarrassing.

Chris shook his head. "I did. They said to expect a sunny day, but I take it now that you don't always have to believe whatever they say about the weather. Sometimes it's right, other times it's not. I'm sorry."

"You know, when we were young, my sister and I always loved the rainy seasons."

"Why?"

"Because we get to dance and play in the rain." She placed the basket by her feet on the wet grass. "I did it twice last year and I haven't done so this year. It feels good not to act like an adult all the time, don't you think?"

He nodded. "Are you suggesting what I think you are?"

Lee didn't answer, instead she ran into the rain with her arms spread and head titled back to allow the rain to wash over her face. She spun in slow circles, all the while laughing and smiling. Something skipped in his heart as he watched her, but he couldn't identify what it was and he didn't want to analyze it just yet.