xv。he will pay

CHAPTER FIFTEEN:
trigger warning, ab*se, r*pe

YOONGI made his way up the stairs to Jimin's apartment—the one he lived in when he was conscious—thinking of how exactly to put the news to him. He could flat out say it right there, give no room for curiosity. Another option would be to ease it into the conversation carefully so he didn't upset Jimin by it. If he were lucky, Jimin already knew and would bring it up himself. All of these options weighed heavily on the detective's shoulders; for the first time he wasn't exactly sure how to handle a situation. He didn't want to make Jimin hurt anymore but he knew the boy needed to know what happened to him. Maybe the shock would push him back into his body.

He reached forward to ring the doorbell but the door already swung open, and Yoongi assumed Jimin was standing in front of him.

"Come in," he spoke, and Yoongi made his way inside, looking around to sit down on the floor.

"Jimin—"

"I assume you're here to tell me something important that you found out?" Jimin's voice came from behind Yoongi, which made the detective turn his head around. Yoongi nodded. "Save your breath. I already know what happened."

Yoongi blinked. The words he wanted to say getting tangled in his throat. "H-How... How did you find out?"

"My memories. I had what I thought was a nightmare last night. They were my memories restoring. I had a stalker, and I saw what happened to me from him, so I know what he did to me." Jimin took an intake of breath, shaky and strained. Yoongi could only imagine what he was feeling. "I remembered everything. I remembered my stalker and why he was stalking me. He was an obsessive ex of mine, and in high school he constantly harassed me. He kept asking me in different ways to date him, and I kept turning him down. He even did many public manipulation tactics to get me to say yes, and I was pressured so much to the point I finally said yes.

"I shouldn't have. That relationship... I knew I should've have agreed. The abuse I suffered from him was unbearable. I eventually got my parents and one of my teachers to help me get out, and then he moved schools. But the harassment kept going. He knew where I lived so he would come by every night and scream by my window and do countless other things. I couldn't even leave the house or take a look out a window without fear of him being there. I told my parents about it and the police were called and my family moved. Everything stopped after that."

Jimin took a quick breath, trying to compose himself more before continuing the story. Yoongi could only sit in silence, letting the words soak into his brain.

"Fast forward a few years, I was my second year in college. I was walking home from the station after m classes were over. As I walked, I was struck from behind and dragged into a dark alley. I..." Yoongi reached out, finding Jimin's hand and holding it firmly.

"Jimin, it's okay. Go at your own pace. I'm right here for you." Yoongi felt Jimin's hand squeeze his own back, almost a death grip. Yoongi knew what happened to him, but he needed to hear it from Jimin himself. That was probably the most painful thing he'd have to do: listen to Jimin's broken voice recall the horrors that put him in this situation.

Jimin let his grip loosen a bit before continuing, his voice incredibly low, barely a whisper. "He... he beat me. He smashed my head against the ground and the walls. Then he raped me." Tears fell from Yoongi's eyes. He already knew, but it hurt even more hearing it being said in Jimin's tearful voice. He wished he didn't have to listen, but he did. "I was left there, and I almost lost consciousness. I was right on the brink and decided to give myself a shot and I cried out for help. That was when I saw someone turn the corner and race to my side. They asked me a bunch of questions while calling the police, but I passed out before I could say anything."

Yoongi wiped the tears from his eyes before taking over the conversation. "Your ex was questioned, but he was manipulative and able to dodge and fabricate his story. Then the police didn't have anything else they could do so they had to let him go. Your ex even expected you to never wake from your coma, but you will." Yoongi felt Jimin's arms wrap around his body as the young man sobbed, clinging as tightly as he could. "You will wake up, you will be okay. And he will pay."

—☼—
i'm sorry for literally just disappearing for a while. i mean, no one really cares but that's fine. this story is one i really care about so i'm trying my hardest to work on it. so forgive me