vi。a smart cookie

CHAPTER SIX

IT was just a check up to see how he was doing, Yoongi thought to himself. Just a check up, nothing more. Even so, he just had to question why he was at the college student's front door yet again for another day. It wasn't like he had any true rhyme or reason for strolling across his room number, pacing in front of his wooden door. Yet here he was doing just that. He was an idiot, truly, especially since he had no idea how to explain to the boy that he couldn't see him. Then again, why does he have to explain himself in the first place? It wasn't like they were close friends or anything, so it didn't seem like it truly mattered if he knew or not. Yoongi could fake it all, but if he did that the boy wouldn't trust him. Why does he need to trust him anyways? It's not like—

"Detective Yoongi?" The older man jumped in the air and turned around at the voice. "What are you doing here?"

He realized it was Jimin, and he also realized that what he was doing probably seemed extremely weird. "Oh, uh, I was just checking to see how you were doing!"

"Then why are you facing away from me?" Yoongi paused and took a good look out in front of him and sure enough, he was right in front of the railing that was apart of the building complex, away from the door. He smacked himself in the face; the whole not being able to see Jimin thing was becoming harder than he expected it to be.

"Oh, uh, right. I was just... checking the railings!" Yoongi laughed and grabbed onto one of them. "Making sure they were safe." He shook it a bit, noticing how it wasn't even bolted to the wall. "Uh, seems sturdy to me!"

Jimin chuckled a bit. "Well, would you like to come inside? I got nothing better to do, I could use some company."

Yoongi shook his head quickly and let go of the railing. "A-Actually, I have a lot of work to attend to, so if you don't mind I shall be going now." Yoongi turned to leave but slammed into something that caused him to fall backwards onto his ass. He rubbed his face where the impact occured and looked up but saw nothing. Shit.

"I had a weird feeling that something was going on," Jimin spoke, and Yoongi could feel a hand grab onto him, pulling him to his feet. "At first I thought I was reading too far into it, but now I think I know. You can't see me, can you?" Yoongi froze for a moment, trying to come up with a million answers for the situation at hand. Instead he decided on the easiest one and let out a sigh, smiling at Jimin.

"You caught me. You're one smart cookie." He was stabilized by the student who took him to his apartment and served some tea. Yoongi took a quick sip and decided to explain. "I honestly don't know why I can't see you. It doesn't make any sense. Usually I see statistics and information on a person, an outline and a red hue that helps me be able to know there's a person there, that person is standing in front of me, moving his hands. But when I look at you, I don't see any of that. I'm completely blind to you, and it threw me off a bit."

"I must be special, right?" Yoongi heard Jimin chuckle and he looked in the direction of the noise. "Maybe I'm just a color you can't see." Yoongi couldn't help but smile at that idiotic explanation. As childish as it was it still was rather charming to the detective. "Anyways, if you can't see me then I'll just have to be extra special to stand out, huh?"

"What does that mean?"

"Well, you can see everything and anything about a person, but you can't see that about me. I hope you like surprises because you'll be learning a lot about me."

And Yoongi accepted that challenged. He accepted the chance to learn about a person the normal way.