viii。familiarity

CHAPTER EIGHT

"SO," Jungkook began, a stupid smile stuck to his face, "you go see your boyfriend today?" The word was dragged out to the perfect extent to annoy the older detective, and he was well aware the younger was doing it on purpose. Yoongi felt around for the closest book near him and threw it in the direction of the annoying kid's voice. It managed to hit him on the shoulder to which the young man winced from it. "Violent much?"

Yoongi scoffed at him, his arms folding across his chest. "Quit calling him my boyfriend. He's a college kid and the only thing I'm interested in is why I can't see him," Yoongi replied with, adding a sigh afterwards. "It doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Everyone else can see him, right? So why can't I?"

"Namjoon told me a little secret," Jungkook teased, sitting down in his chair backwards. The detective raised an eyebrow at the words, clearly interested. The brown haired man took a second before he continued on. "Well, he said when you all first met, Jimin seemed a little off to him. In his words, he had totally forgotten about what he even looked like directly after he left the area of the situation."

"That's weird," Yoongi commented. "Does he recall it now?" Jungkook shook his head to Yoongi's question.

"In fact, no one who was there can recall. Taehyung even checked them out and everything but nothing was wrong with them."

It was one thing for Yoongi to not be able to see the kid, but for someone with perfect eyesight not being able to remember what he looked like was concerning. It didn't seem natural at all; surely they didn't all come down with some weird sickness that caused memory loss, but Yoongi didn't have the slightest of knowledge as to why it even happened in the first place. The possibility of Jimin having some kind of supernatural power was there, but from what Yoongi could gather through the few visits he made, Jimin was just a normal student.

Yoongi leaned against his chair, his brain fried. He was going to have to figure out some way to understand what was happening. Which brought him to something he was reminded of just then. "Jeon, you still have that case you were talking about? The one they reopened?"

"Hm? You mean the stalker one?" Jungkook stood up and walked to a file cabinet, filing through until he pulled out the manilla folder for the specific case. "Why interested in it now?"

"I have a weird sense of familiarity when it comes to Jimin. I hope you don't mind me taking this for a while? I'll need it for my investigation."

Jungkook only waved him off as he headed towards the elevator. "Yeah, yeah, do whatever you'd like. I don't care."

Yoongi smiled. "Why so disinterested now?"

"Listen, all I'm saying is that this kid gives off bad juju. And you know I'm usually right about my weird feelings." His eyes met cloudy ones, and Yoongi himself could see the concern and stress levels rise in Jungkook. "Just be careful, alright?"

Yoongi nodded and let Jungkook go as he continued his research.