xiii。i just want to be useful

CHAPTER THIRTEEN

THE moment they reached the alleyway, those same broken memories flooded to Jimin's head—a lot more violent than before—and he reached up to grab his head. Yoongi looked his way but turned back to the alleyway, looking around the area to find any type of clue.

"There's got to be at least something I can pick up on," he mumbled to himself, walking farther in, Jimin following with a killer headache. Then, Yoongi stopped walking and Jimin bumped into him. "There." Yoongi pointed at a spot hidden behind a trash bin. The detective walked over to it and crouched down, words popping into his head. Blood, head injury? Weapon... blunt object... a bat? Yoongi touched the ground and crouched closer.

"What do you see? To me it just looks like you're rummaging through trash." Jimin attempted to joke but then his head started to pound. He could see the same man, but this time he could see an object in his hand. It looked like a metal rod. Jimin's eyes opened again as he groaned from the pain and looked over, seeing Yoongi standing with a smirk on his lips and a metal rod in his hands.

"Look familiar?" Jimin was baffled. How was it possible for Yoongi to figure all of that out before Jimin could even muster up the right memories and piece them together? But before Jimin could say something, Yoongi continued. "Based on the information I had to dig for in this spot, you were hit on the head with a blunt object? this just happened to be lying right next to the spot you dropped at—where I'm standing—hidden within the loose bricks of this building. I don't know how anyone could have missed this before, but they should be fired."

"That's amazing. That's the exact pipe I saw in my memories just now. You're crazy good." Yoongi only chuckled as he tried to look around the place more.

"Do you remember anything else? Try focusing more, drown out any distractions." Jimin nodded and did as he was told, trying to hone in on the thoughts. He could only see the shadow man but not his face. Every time he tried to picture it, his head began to hurt more.

With a sigh Jimin stopped, looking down. He couldn't do it and he let Yoongi down. He was never going to be of any help to Yoongi, considering the fact Yoongi could figure anything out on his own and he was blind. Jimin would never be able to do anything for the detective.

Yoongi could sense his despair and walked in the direction he assumed he was in, walking until he ran into Jimin. "What's wrong? Does your head hurt?"

Jimin nodded. "Yeah, and I couldn't see anything else. I'm never going to be useful to you."

"What are you saying? It's okay that you couldn't see anything. It just will take some time," Yoongi cooed, trying his hardest to cheer the younger man up. "Plus, you don't want to push yourself too much, right?"

"I just want to be useful to you," Jimin admitted and stared into Yoongi's blurry eyes. Of course Yoongi couldn't stare back to see him, but he tried his hardest to give him an expression that showed care.

The detective chuckled slightly and reached up until he got Jimin's shoulder and squeezed slightly. "You are useful to me. You just being here helps me push forward. Plus, I'm blind. Even though I've got this crazy ability, there are still things I can't see."

"Like what?" Jimin asked and Yoongi could only smile softly.

"We need to keep looking around for anything else, before we move on. Keep your bananas peeled and let me know if you find anything else out." Jimin nodded and got back to work, helping Yoongi its best as he could, a small smile reaching his lips as he did so.

— ☼ —

talk about a lame excuse for an update! it's currently 1 in the morning and i've been working on this update for almost two weeks now. so i'm just going to post it now so it's out. sorry you had to wait so long. but i'll be finishing this story up soon!