vii。the physical

CHAPTER SEVEN

YOONGI sat at his desk once more, papers spread across the surface untouched by him. He hated paperwork. If he could burn all of it he would, but that would get him into serious trouble, so instead he did what he always did and dumped it on the next person's desk for them to do. Looking around aimlessly he saw someone leave the elevator and march straight for him. He knew exactly who it was once the stats popped up and he tried to make a b-line to the exit.

"Not so fast!" the man shouted and hooked his fingers onto Yoongi's collar. "You've been avoiding me for a while but you won't escape this time." Yoongi's blurry eyes looked into those of a very annoyed Kim Taehyung, his doctor.

"I haven't been avoiding you," he blatantly lied, "I was just busy is all."

Taehyung scoffed and pointed to the pile of paperwork Yoongi pushed to the side moments ago. "Don't think I didn't see your little stunt there. Once we finish this physical you're going to finish that stack and you won't leave until it's done."

Yoongi reluctantly followed behind the doctor into the elevator and into his lab, looking at all the other workers there and the test tubes and the machinery being loud. He didn't have to look hard to see exactly what everything was but he was too bored to really care so he looked at the back of Taehyung's head. He didn't really understand why he seemed to always be in a cold mood when it came to him, but then again Yoongi wasn't the most efficient worker in the building. Still, despite his cold demeanor Taehyung was a nice guy. He just took his job very seriously.

"On the table," the doctor instructed and Yoongi hopped up, watching him grab his things needed. "Anything exciting happen recently?"

"Not really," Yoongi answered, letting Taehyung check his heartbeat. "Solved cases quicker than anybody like usual. Some of the others in the other divisions hate me. No big deal."

"Oh yeah?" Taehyung moved to check his ears. "Jeongguk tells me you got a boy on your mind."

The detective rolled his eyes. "Just some college student that I can't see."

Taehyung glanced at Yoongi. "Can't see?"

He nodded. "Yeah, I'm completely blind to him."

Taehyung looked over Yoongi before deciding to check his sight in case anything as changed. He shone the light into his eyes, he did the simple tests but they all came back the same as they were before. It puzzled Taehyung to no end but there wasn't much he could do about it. Once the physical was finished, Yoongi hopped down from the table and stretched out his arms before glancing over at the doctor at work.

"Is there any way I could regain my sight to its full capacity?" he suddenly asked. Taehyung spun his chair around to look at the younger man with a sigh.

"If I find anything out I'll let you know, but as far as I'm concerned there's nothing I can do. Plus this information about that kid you can't see seems suspicious to me. Just keep your head up and your nose on the look out."

"Thanks."

With that, Yoongi turned with a wave and rode up the elevator back to his desk. He took a look at his paperwork and decided that he was done for the day. So he grabbed his bag and left, letting everyone else finish his job like always.