Chapter Twenty

"A buzzfeed quiz said I attract fuckboys so now I'm worried about our relationship."

Henry looked up from his massive pile of pancakes and stared. "I know we're dating and all, but have I ever told you that you're psychotic?"

I sputtered. "Buzzfeed quizzes tell the truth! A Buzzfeed quiz told me you were my soulmate."

"Didn't it say your soulmate's name started with one of three random letters?"

"Okay this isn't the attitude I need at ten in the morning, Henry," I sassed. All I got in response was him stealing my bacon, which was totally rude.

Henry grabbed my hand over the table and gave me that loving look he got. "I'm really not worried that you're going to cheat on me with Andrew."

"What?!"

"You know, fuckboys. That's basically Andrew." He shrugged and went about eating his pancakes like he'd said nothing crazy.

Well. When he put it that way, I wasn't so worried.

Officially satisfied that I wasn't going to turn into a massive asshole and cheat, due to prophetic Buzzfeed quizzes, I decided that now was the time for my smooth segue into the topic I'd been dying to get to. "So..."

He gave me a quizzical look. "That's your I want something tone."

"How do you know my tone for wanting something?!" I scoffed. I was an independent woman.

"You use it every time you come into my shop and ask about getting a dessert to, as you say, tide you over for your work shift."

I had done that a few times.

It had been a few days since we'd drunkenly watched movies with Declan. One one hand, things were looking up. Declan had stopped crying as often, and he'd started texting Henry about random things. Which was nice, because obviously I wanted my boyfriend and best friend to get along.

But at the same time, he wasn't right without Andrew. In a weak moment I'd snuck onto his search history, and there was a lot of social media stalking Asshole Andrew in Declan's free time.

I cleared my throat and shook Declan out of my mind. "I do want something."

Henry raised his eyebrows and smiled. He lifted his glass of water to his lips. "Okay, what's up?"

"I want to meet your dad and your sister."

Henry sputtered out water like we were in a 90's sitcom. "What?! No. No, you don't actually want to do that."

"No, I actually do," I insisted. "C'mon. I've met Barb."

"You knew Barb already."

"I've met Pavo!"

"That's my dog, he doesn't count."

Now that wasn't a good attitude. I looked away and bit my lip. "You know, I'm pretty convinced we're soulmates. But, if you want to be with me, we're obviously going to be adopting a dog together. And saying that dogs don't count really isn't a soulmate move."

Henry gave me a look that implied that he was emotionally suffering from this conversation.

I had no mercy.

"Look! It's just that I think we get along great together. And I want to get to know the real you. I feel like the whole time we've been dating, we've been taking about dumb Andrew," I complained.

Henry bit his lip. "I know, I get that. But how can you be like this when you have the same issue? Do you seriously want me to meet your brother?"

I grimaced.