Chapter One

I didn't realize that Cupid's arrow could come in the form of a Newfoundland mix puppy until I was in the arms of Beefcake Baker.

Um. That wasn't his name, per se. It was what I called him when I fantasized about him.

"Uh — erm, whoa, hi there," I said intelligently, resisting the urge to feel up his bulging biceps. But they were right in front of me!

Resist.

My pale face was definitely bright red. I stared into gorgeous blue eyes that seemed to gaze into my soul. Yikes, I hope he wasn't actually seeing my soul. The color of my soul was probably best described as 'undignified rainbow party'.

His jet black hair was tousled and his tanned skin was lightly peppered with freckles around his nose. These was a tiny scar on his temple and his chin dimpled just a little. So handsome.

Oh and did I mention the biceps? Those fuckers were huge!

Well, thanks runaway puppy. Now I could fall in love with my soulmate.

He opened his mouth to tell me he loved me, and—

"Get off of me."

Oh. Awk.

I pushed off of that huge, muscular chest and gave him my wife-me-up smile. I knew how sexy I was, even in my tattered blue jeans, ratty t-shirt, and extra clothing layer of dog fur. I was irresistible.

"Hey, baker," I began smoothly, eyeing the desserts around us. "Hershey factories make millions of kisses every day, but I'm only asking for one."

Wow. Stellar delivery. Accidentally crashing into the store and landing into his arms? Incredible plan. Sub-par timing, with the glaring from the soulmate and all, so I'd give myself an 8/10. Overall, definitely going to work.

Those beautiful blue eyes narrowed and became stormy. His jaw tightened. "Get your dog."

Sadie wasn't actually my dog. Her parents were running around the street trying to find her. I had been lucky enough to watch her slip inside the bakery when one of the customers was leaving.

It was only then that I noticed Sadie eating a ton of peanut butter cupcakes. Sticky brown goodness was all over her fuzzy muzzle and her big fluffy tail swooshed, successfully knocking over a tray of brownies.

"Oh no!" I gasped. "There's chocolate in those cupcakes!"

Sadie looked up because of my tone and her big head collided into a tray of eclairs.

Beefcake Baker's eye twitched. "Get. Your. Dog. Please."

His shoulders flexed in anger and I had a lewd fantasy of him picking me up and having his way with me me over the encased pies. I shook myself out of it and grabbed Sadie's collar. She had made it through most of the cupcake tray. I must have been really distracted by Beefcake to not have noticed that happening.

With a whimper, Sadie leaned down and vomited up her snack.

Shit. Well, that was gross.

But more importantly, this was my chance.

I leaned against the counter and gave Beefcake Baker my signature you-can-hit-it-if-you-want look. "So, you come here often?"

Beefcake Baker's nostrils flared and he crossed his sexy arms over his sexy chest. "This is my bakery. Those were my cupcakes and brownies. That's my floor that it just puked on. Leave!"

"At least let me clean up the vomit!" I protested, hoping he wouldn't actually kick me out. "I can bring Sadie back across the street to the kennel, where I work Monday through Friday 8 AM to 3 PM, if you're ever wondering. Wink wink. Then I'll come back and clean!"

He sighed, pinched his nose, and shook his head. "Please, no. You've done enough damage, random guy from across the street. I'd prefer it if you just left."

I dragged Sadie away before she could start licking her own puke and decided to cut my losses.

But hey, I wasn't going to let Beefcake Baker think he'd won. I was going to at least get him into bed with me, at most get him to marry me ASAP. He was going to get a taste of the Dillon Dream, baby.

"Alright, well." I gave him a wink. He rolled his eyes. A response was a good thing! "It was great to meet you, handsome baker. I hope that I'll see you again sometime."

He shook his head, but he seemed more amused than annoyed at this point. His eye twitch had gone away and his blue eyes were back to being dazzling. "I'd say the same, except you were annoying and your dog ate my goodies and puked on my floor."

A valid point from the sexy man.

I nodded and gave him a one-handed finger gun. "Well, I can see your perspective. Have a good day, handsome!"

I dragged Sadie, well, more accurately Sadie dragged me, out of the door. I tried to get one last long look at my soulmate, maybe even prolonged yearning eye-contact, but the door slammed shut before I could.

Well. Better luck next time.

-

This story is now part of a trilogy! Crazy Love (book 2) is a few chapters from being completed. After that I'll be writing True Love (book 3).