Chapter Eleven

Andrew leaned against the counter and I felt Henry's relaxed energy shift. Suddenly he was all straight-postured and stiff, like the first time we'd met.

"You need to leave," Henry said. I hated how cold his tone was. I had brief flashbacks to when Henry grabbed Andrew and hauled him out of the store. "Andrew. We don't want you here."

Andrew raised his eyebrow. "What the hell happened to you, Fideli? Did I seriously just catch you drooling over this half-pint?"

I snapped my fingers. "Half-pint! I could definitely work that one into a pick-up line."

Henry shook his head at me, brief amusement cutting through his otherwise distant and cold expression.

Andrew turned on me and gave my man a minute to breathe. I would gladly be the guy who had to hold Andrew's stare if it meant that Henry would stop being so tense and uncomfortable. "Look who it is. Declan's little butt-buddy."

"Last I checked, that was you."

Henry blinked, confused. "Wait, what? Who's Declan?"

Andrew barked out a laugh. "Henry! You don't even know who Declan is? I figured you'd at least know the name of the man whose dick is receiving Dillon's full attention."

My head hurt. "What are you even talking about? Declan is my best friend. Considering you're his boyfriend, I would assume that you're the one constantly attached to his dick. Kind of like Chlamydia, if you think about it."

Andrew stepped forward enough to get into my face. "Excuse me?"

I looked up and smirked. He was porn star hot, sure, but he was such a dick. "I don't kiss until I'm taken to dinner, so you should probably get out of my personal space."

"Andrew, back off," Henry's voice was sharp as a knife. "You need to leave my store and stop coming back. You're just here to start trouble."

"Maybe I'm here to stop you from hitching yourself to this thing," Andrew gestured at me. If this thing was the best he could do in the insult department, I could definitely run circles around him. "Look at him! Seriously, where did you even find this kid? He reminds me of a Pomeranian. Poofy hair, yappy voice, short as fuck."

I hesitated, because I kind of respected the dog reference.

Henry gritted his teeth, a new hatred lit in his eyes. "Shut the fuck up, Andrew. You know nothing about Dillon. He's funny and clever and sweet. He loves animals and sweets and he has a heart that's easily four times as big as yours. I think I'm just fine hitching myself to him."

I barely had the time to cry or laugh at Henry's amazing confession. Andrew was on a roll.

"He's annoying and whiney, just like his best friend," Andrew scoffed.

Hold up. My chest stilled as I held my breath.

Just like Declan?

I'd assumed Andrew was a douchebag who hated me and had a weird love-hate thing with Henry. But I'd never assumed that he was double-crossing Declan. I figured, in some weird way, that they were in love.

"Excuse me?" I asked through gritted teeth. "What about Declan?"

"Are you joking? What, did you think I actually liked that annoying Asian kid?" Andrew doubled over laughing. "No fucking way. That's rich."

A dude walked into the door, took in the situation, hesitated, and then left muttering something about how Stop & Shop would have to do.

"Guys," Henry interrupted, enough irritation in his voice to catch my attention. "Seriously, now is not the time or the place for this."

And I liked Henry, I really did, but I wasn't paying attention to him right then. This fucking ass had just admitted that he was stringing my best friend along. My best friend, who said he thought Andrew was the one.

"You're dating him," I accused. "Why the hell would you be dating him if you don't like him?"

Andrew looked at me like I was stupid. "Have you met his family? Have you seen the clothes he wears and the car he drives? Kid, there's a reason he's allowed to dick off at an animal shelter and still own a home."

Declan was going to be ruined. This fucking douchebag was going to break his heart.

"You're evil," I decided.

Andrew shook his head. "I just don't understand how you're shocked. Have you even seen him? He's fat and stuttery and shy. He likes TV more than people. His voice is so fucking nasal it drives me up a wall and down another."

I stepped forward.

"Dillon..." Henry came out from around the counter.

"I want to kill you," I said to Andrew. He barked out a laugh, tossing his head back.

"I'd love to see you try to hurt me!" he laughed. "You're like two feet ta—"

I pulled my fist back and cracked it across his face. Satisfyingly, Andrew stumbled back and grabbed the counter for stability. His eyes were wide and his hand was settled over his nose, barely catching the blood that was dripping down his face.

"Well, now you've seen me hurt you," I declared. Henry tried to grab at my arm to stop me, but I was faster than he was. I got up in Andrew's face and grabbed his shirt. "You are going to get far away from my best friend, you sick bastard. Got it?"

There must have been something about the look on my face. Andrew nodded repeatedly. I backed off and watched with satisfaction as he left the store, glancing behind himself occasionally to make sure I wasn't following.

"Sorry I committed battery in your bakery," I mumbled, turning on my heel and hurrying out of the store before Henry could break up with me for being a psychopath.