I follow Axe downstairs and we walk out to my car. I get in the driver's seat as Axe gets into the passenger's.

"So, where are we going?" Axe asks, and I smirk.

"It's a surprise, princess" Axe's eyes go wide and he turns and looks away. I frown, did I go too far? Okay, no more calling him princess.

"O-Okay, I also like that nickname.." he says quietly, but not too quiet for me to hear.

I smile, "Okay princess, let's head out then" I say -with an emphasis on princess- and he nods shyly as I pull out of his driveway. Phew, I thought he didn't like that nickname.

The drive was fun, we made small talk and sang along to the radio. I'd sing off-key and he'd giggle at my foolishness, in which I would smile at him. I love his laugh, I swear it's what you'll hear when you go to heaven.

We drive to my family diner, and I get out of the car fast so I can open the door for Axe. He just blushes and thanks me. Worth it. We walk in, and we're greeted by my aunt.

"Oh Jayden honey, I haven't seen you in so long" aunt Pat says, and hugs me, in which I return.

I smile, "Hey aunt Pat, it's been a while. This is Axel" I say, and push Axe forward a bit.

He waves shyly, "Hi, I'm Axel. It's nice to meet you" he smiles, and we both coo.

"He's so cute! He's your date, right?" aunt Pat turns to me, and I nod with a smile.

She smiles and turns to Axe, "You guys go have a seat, Ry will be with you guys shortly" I nod and thank her, and bring Axe to a table.

"Is this diner run by your family?" Axe asks, and I nod.

"Yeah, my parents are the bosses. All the employees are either family, or family friends" I reply, and he nods.

"Must be nice to have a family business" he turns and looks around the restaurant with a sad look.

"What do your parents do?" I ask and instantly regret it. Axe tenses up as a frown appears on his face, as he looks down at the cup in his hands.

"I don't know, but they're probably happier wherever they are now" he says, and I frown. Did something happen to them? Oh god, I feel so bad for asking. He's upset now.

"Here are your menus, and I'll be your waiter for tonight" I look up and see Ry looking at Axe.

I let out a low growl, "Back off Ry, he's mine"

Ry laughs, "Woah, possessive I see. You've got yourself a cute one Jay" I see Axe blush and hide his face in the menu.

I punch Ry's shoulder, "Get out of here dude, we'll call you when we're ready. Shoo, shoo peasant" I say playfully and Ry feigns offence.

"Peasant? If anything, I'm the ruler and you're my servant, considering I control whether you get your food or not, and whether if there will be a little, ahem, surprise in there. Now BOW before me, you rotten horse egg" I hear Axel giggle and I smile. At least he laughed.

I snort, "Rotten horse egg? Geez Ry, your insults are getting worse. For one, horses don't even lay eggs. Now leave, seriously"

He rolls his eyes and waves me off as he turns and walks away. I look over at Axel to see a small smile playing on his lips.

"Hey, what do you plan on getting?" I ask, turning his attention back to me.

He shrugs, "What do you suggest?"

I smile, "How about I order for you, and it'll be a surprise" He nods and smiles. I get up and walk over to my mom who's wiping the counter.

"Hey mom, could we get two specials?" she turns around and smiles.

"Of course honey, is he your date?" she asks pointing at Axe.

"Yeah, I wanted to bring him here since I know how great your food is. He's a huge fan of cooking" I say, smiling.

She smiles, "He's a cute kid, don't hurt him. We'll come over and say hi when the diner settles a bit, that okay?"

I nod and smile, "Thanks mama, and I won't"

I told my parents that I was bringing a date today, but I didn't tell them my date was a boy. I knew my parents weren't homophobic, but I didn't expect them to take it so well.

I walk over to our table, and see Axe looking out the window. I smile and was about to say something but stop when I see him shaking. He has a horrified look on his face and he's shaking uncontrollably.

I run over to him and hold him tight, "Hey, hey what's wrong?"

He points to a couple with a kid outside, "H-He I-I b-b-b"

I run my hand up and down his back in hopes of calming him down, "Hey, hey shh. It's okay, I'm here. Hey, you want to get out of here?"

He slowly nods, and I pick him up. Seeing as he's shaking so much, he'd probably have troubling walking.

I walk over to the counter to let my mom know that we're leaving early, and she gives the boy in my arms a look of concern. I wave her off and tell her I probably won't be coming home tonight. I'm not leaving Axe alone tonight, not after this.

I leave the diner and carefully place Axe in the passenger seat and buckle him in. He starts to cry, and I wipe the tears off his face and kiss his forehead. I get into the driver's seat and drive him to where I was going to take him after dinner.

We drive into a forest, and soon arrive at a cliff side. I get out and help Axe out of the car. I go to the trunk and grab a blanket that I set down on the dirt. I sit down and pull Axe onto my lap. I hug him tightly as I hear him sob quietly into my chest.

When I hear him quiet down and his crying seems to have stopped, I put my finger under his chin to make him look up at me. I felt a pang in my chest when I saw the sadness in his eyes. I kiss him on the forehead, his tear-stained cheeks and his nose. I look at him and give him a small smile, in which he returns with a strained one.

He puts his head in the crook of my neck, and I hug his waist.

"You feeling better?" I ask, in which he nods.

"I'm sorry I ruined our date" he says and frowns.

"You didn't ruin anything baby, the point of the date was to spend time with you. I'm spending time with you now, aren't I?" I poke his side and he lets out a giggle.

I smile, "You want to talk about it? Or we can talk about other things"

I hear him let out a sniffle, "The man, with the family outside your diner. H-He's my dad"

------------

A/N: Hey guys, I hope you enjoyed this chapter :) The winter break is over where I live, so if it's over for you as well, I hope you had a good week back at school. Please vote for this story, and have a nice week!

Thanks for 700 reads!