29: Grand Theft Otto

Mulai dari awal

She dug into her backpack. "New plan," she said. "Capture him and we'll make him talk."

Toby took out his Warhammer and she and Claire ran after him. She held her Shadow Staff in her hand and Toby flew near him with his Warhammer. "Gotcha, Mr. Evil Man! Thought you could escape Tobias and his awesome power of the mighty Warhammer?"

The Warhammer flew him ahead of Otto and he ran into the side of a truck. Claire helped him up. "Toby, are you okay?"

"Go on without me," he said. "I'll be fine."

"TP's down," she said into a walkie-talkie. "But I've got Otto heading into the alley between Meadowlark and Main."

Blinky drove the car with Not-Enrique in the passenger's seat, sticking his head out the window like a dog. "We're on Main," Blinky said. "Heading into the alley. Let's box him in."

They drove down the street and Claire ran into the alley She saw someone near the wall and held her Shadow Staff out to him. "Gotcha, Mr. Evil Man!"

The guy turned around. It was just a normal guy. He ran away from her and went over to Blinky and Not-Enrique. "Where's he go? We had him. This was our one shot."

Toby walked over to them. "I think I broke my jaw. Did we lose him? He's gone?"

"And, I fear," Blinky said. "So have our chances of finding the Janus Order and with them, the antidote for Aaarrrgghh."

***

Toby sat in the dentist's chair with his dentist near him. "You have become my greatest costumer, Toby," Dr. Muelas said. "You are putting my children through private school. Because of that, I will give you honesty. Simple braces can only do so much. There comes a point when we dental professionals must call in the heavy artillery."

"Show me," Toby said, a little worried about what Dr. Muelas did.

"You will not like it," he said.

"I can handle it."

He held up the mirror and Toby saw what was on his face and screamed.

***

Toby walked through the school, with everyone looking at him in fear or disgust. He walked to his locker and opened it, hearing the voices of other students near him.

"It's so ugly."

"It's like a car accident. I can't look!"

Claire walked over to him. "You can hardly notice it."

Toby looked at her with a lot of metal rods around his face. "Claire, I look like somebody tried to build a cyborg, but then gave up."

***

"When finding X," Miss. Janeth said. "Sometimes, one must explore all algebraic roads until a solution presents itself."

Toby tried adjusting his headgear and heard a calm voice speaking through it. "Falling into a deep, deep sleep..."

He heard calm music playing and looked around. No one seemed to notice the noises coming out of the headgear. He touched it again and heard another voice. "Her tone seemed out of touch with today's youth..."

He turned to the boy behind him. "Hey, you mind keeping it down?"

"I wasn't saying anything, robo-nerd," he said. He threw a paper ball at him and the voice switched again. "You're listening to the 24-hour bluegrass..."

"This can't be happening," he whispered. He pressed multiple buttons and it switched to multiple voices.

"And he scored!"