romance behind the board

"the, monsta killers."
the phrase would constantly run through your mind.  over and over again. of course you just thought they took you in for just a little yet very ransom reason. not because they're mafias. just the thought of it sent chills down your spine.

"im suddenly not hungry anymore," you used an excuse and carefully got up.
"ah, if so then you should get ready. as i shall remind you, that you will be meeting mr.chae. shownu will be at your door by then." silently, you nod. before heading up back to your room.

---

brushing the tangled strands of hair thoroughly, you looked at yourself through the mirror. you were deep in thought, minhyuks description on how their system worked was all caught up in your head. that him and the other members whom you haven't met yet, were only members who assisted the boss. so that means you were left with the him, the boss.
mr.thicc lips, or mr.chae as they say.

you gulped down at the thought, putting your brush down. knowing that you would be meeting a man who has (probably, if not literally) killed many within his grasp. in front of his very own eyes, he would witness deaths of multiple people. yet, not only him but the men you greeted yourself too not so long ago. you even latched your arm with one who could evidently punch someone and they'd be dead.

then a knock struck your door causing you to flinch.
"im coming!" you take one more look at yourself. one of the maids have given you some clothes for you to wear. a simple white flannel along with some ripped black jeans. definitely your type of style. you pat down your shirt once more, before you exit the connect washroom of your room.

———

opening the door she was faced to face with a tall, and yet another buff guy. this must be shownu, she thought. she lets out a huff, "lets go?" the "o" trailing off from her mouth slowly. he nods and begins to walk up to the second staircase that led up to the third floor. she, following behind him.

"Boss?" he leaned in towards the double wooden door that stood tall.

"Is she with you?" a voice spoke from the other side of the door. of course, the voice belonging to the one and only. he turns around to face yulli, her head immediately cocks up. he nodded at her, before opening one of the doors. yulli, softly walking in as the door eventually closed behind her.

———

Yulli POV

"hello princess." a folder was in front of his face. reading whatever the fuck was in it.

I, just stood in front of his paper covered desk. on his desk he had a lamp on the left of his side. a small shelf on his right packed with other files. in front of him were papers, along with a computer that stood in front of the lamp. behind him would be a cork board, filled with pictures of people being pin pointed. some even had x's drawn on their face. as I took a good look at it, I could see a familiar picture that was near the centre. it was my, boyfriends picture?

———

Past tense

"mark!" I ran into my boyfriends arm. his arms were open wide for me, the suitcase behind him was immediately let go as he grabbed me into a hug. I smiled warmly, nuzzling my face into his chest.

we then pulled away and he grabbed me by the sides of my shoulders, smiling at me.

"gosh you're beautiful" he let out. causing my cheeks to turn rose.

"stop it!" I slap his arm as we both laughed. my only happiness was him, even if it meant we had to live away from each other for the meantime. I would do whatever it took to just be with him. whether it be face to face or through a computer screen.

he grabbed my hand while the other held onto his suitcase, the two of us finding our way out of the airport.

-

once in the taxi, he shifted himself facing me. I immediately did the same.

"what is it tuan?" I liked to call him either by his last, or first name. we never got used to calling each other such names like 'babe' or 'princess'. it was just never our thing and that was one of the reasons why I think we're made for each other.

"I decided to meet with the boys tonight," that earned him a sigh from me. it was already 1 in the afternoon. 'tonight' meaning at around 8 or 9 for him.

"but! I promise i'll spend all the time this afternoon with you." his cheeky smile formed on that luscious face of his. I let out a soft 'yay', the both of us giggling softly.

———

Yulli POV

he saw where I was looking at. I could just feel his stare at me and then back to where my eyes were focused on. he lets out a bitter chuckle. I scoff back.

"wondering why that 'loving boyfriend' of yours is there?" I say nothing.

"sit do-" "no." whatever it was, right when I saw marks picture on that fucking board of his I wanted to run. I wanted to escape. this place infuriated me. especially that perfe- ugly face of the man that sat in front of me.

he places the folder down on his desk. he then gets up from where he was, walking towards me. I backed up my steps, but he kept coming closer. my steps just backed up more and more until I was eventually against the wall. yet he still stepped closer to me, his faces mere inches away from mine. my heart started pounding.

suddenly, the back of his hand brushes against my cheek as he examined my face