Chapter 7

Disclaimer! There's a bit of violence in this chapter, if you're soft which is okay please skip and find a summary at the bottom.

"Welcome to the 8th annual mate marching ceremony. The once in a lifetime opportunity at access to the royal family. The alphas that step forward tonight have my utmost respect and I wish you all success, whether you win or die." 

As the king continued with the terms and conditions of the ceremony, Jimin couldn't help but feel sick at his father's lies. The king had the ability to put on this mask and become a person who "respected" commoner's deaths but Jimin knew it was fake, knew it was just propaganda to keep the commoner alphas thirsty for royalty. 

A soft melody played signifying that his speech was over and they had to step forward for the introductions. The queen always introduced the candidates, acting as if there were antiques being sold to whoever was willing to pay the largest sum of money. 

"Welcome all, this year's candidates vary in dynamics and include my sons, Taehyung and Jimin as well as my nieces Jennie and Lisa" the crowd applauded, not knowing why but they did. 

"Could we please have all participating alphas step forward and kneel before the stage." 

Jimin watched as Namjoon and Jungkook turned to the alphas, shaking each of their hands as a farewell to those who would not make it back.

"For today's ceremony we will start off with Jennie" Jimin's cousin stepped forward proudly, confident she'd find a mate. 

"Please could any alphas seeking to mate with Jennie step forward," immediately after the queen's request Jungkook saw Jackson and Kai step forward. 

"Fantastic" The queen squealed whilst Jennie giggled. 

"Do any of you wish to back down?" The alphas that stepped forward were always given one last chance to swallow their pride and keep their lives, Jimin knew that this was as nice as the royal family got. 

After a minute of silence, Kai stepped back knowing that he wouldn't stand a chance against the competing alpha. 

"Very well..." the queen was rather disappointed; the commoner alphas were so easily persuaded to step down. 

Jackson was escorted by Hoseok from the left side of the crowd to the right side, confirming his association with the royal family. 

The process was repeated for Lisa, with only Wonho standing forward. Jimin felt as if the ceremony was going quite smoothly, maybe this year no one had to die but then Taehyung stepped forward.

Seven alphas stepped forward but that's not what had Taehyung shocked, it was the fact the Min Yoongi had stepped forward. Yoongi had a look of determination on his face and that made Taehyung smile cutely as if he was a child who just got a new toy. 

"Do any of you wish to back down?" the queen asked determined to see how weak commoner alphas really were. 

Jungkook really thought these people had brains but clearly they didn't, only two alphas backed out meaning four of them were willing to lose their lives. 

"To the battle grounds!" the queen sing songed, eager for death.

Jungkook's eyes widen when Yoongi was put against Sehun, yes Yoongi wasn't the nicest person to be around but he'd grown close to the snappy hermit crab over the past weeks. 

"Begin!" as the word left the king's lips Yoongi charged grabbing Sehun in a headlock before lowering his grip and stopping the other alphas airflow. 

The royals were clapping and cheering as if this was some caged dog fight, Jimin however refused to look, his eyes watching Jungkook. He knew the boy must have some connection with the participating alphas, meaning if they died Jungkook would be hurt greatly.

When Jungkook looked back, Sehun was on the floor, his face drained of colour with a dark bruise forming around his neck. 

"Yoongi won" Jungkook whisper yelled. 

"Not yet" Namjoon argued gesturing to the remaining alphas. 

Yoongi took out the next two alphas quite quickly and Taehyung was on the edge of his seat with anticipation. He loved how Yoongi didn't waste time showing of his skills but simply dodged the oncoming blows until finally choking his oponent to death.

The last alpha, Minho stood forward looking a lot more prepared for Yoongi's swift moves. Yoongi was out of breath, the last to fights taking a lot of him so when Minho charged at him full force he hit the ground hard. 

Jimin watched as Jungkook's eyes filled with worry, he wanted to run up and embrace him, tell him that his friend would be alright even though he himself wasn't sure of that fact.

Jungkook finally looked away, knowing he wouldn't be able to stomach watching Minho beat his friend to death but a sharp snapping sound had Jimin and Jungkook both looking up. 

Jungkook was afraid to see Yoongi bathed in his own blood but surprisingly he had gained enough strength to grab hold of Minho's neck and snap it before he could pass out. 

He pushed the lifeless body off him, standing up shakily and spitting the blood out of his mouth. 

"Rejecting me would be a loss on your part sweetheart" Yoongi directed his statement to Taehyung, who looked intrigued. 

"I didn't do all of this just too sneak my way into the royal family. I wanted to make you mine so I can teach you a lesson." Yoongi exposed full of pride.

Taehyung was in awe, this commoner man really killed all of his friends and then had the guts to disrespect him in front of everyone, Taehyung like that. He felt a strong need to accept the boastful alpha just so he could see what exactly the man wanted to teach him. 

"I accept your challenge. Let's see who learns the most from who" Taehyung smirked hearing gasps from the crowd. 

Yes, he didn't particularly fancy this alpha but he seemed fun to play with and if he ever did get bored of his boy toy he could always throw him out and get a new one.

Summary:

Two alphas step forward for Jennie but one backs out. Only one steps forward for Lisa but 7 step forward for Taehyung. Two of the 7 back out leaving four others and Yoongi. Yoongi battles the remaining four and ends up winning. He exposes that his true intentions is to teach Taehyung a lesson instead of the perks of being a royal. Taehyung finds this intriguing and accepts him, knowing that if he doesn't want him anymore he can dispose of Yoongi at any time.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome back to Cherry Blossoms and Rain! Did you enjoy this chapter? If not please let me know how I can improve. To the Taegi shippers, Taegi is really just a side ship so there won't be too much about them but if you guys really enjoy it maybe I could integrate a few more chapters about them so let me know. I promise next chapter will be overflowing with Jikook moments, I just needed to build the plot a little bit. Thank you so much for reading.

Sweet dreams ~

-C