This is...this is the worst news – the only thing worse is Rhodes telling me he's dead.

Alvin hugs me tightly

"You need to go talk to Antonio" Gabby whispers to me. I know I have to.

I drive off to the district and find Antonio and Jay in the lobby. Antonio's crying and Jay is consoling him.

"Antonio" the desk sergeant points to me and I look into my husband's eyes.

"Where have you been?" Those are the first words out of my mouth

"I- uh, I just...I couldn't stay there"

"So you let me do it alone? Nice going Antonio – seems these last few months I've done everything alone"

"This isn't the time Katelyn" he warns but I don't budge. I'm hurt; angry; sad and I'm scared.

"Why were they with you? Why were you there? It was your off day. You were supposed to be at home or at the park or somewhere nice with your kids but instead you were at a crime scene; why the hell- were you at a crime scene with your children?" I scream as tears fall down my cheeks. Antonio's eyes are also red and watery.

"I got called for an 'all hands on deck' and the nanny's not here and Gabby's working and I had nowhere to take them. I never intended for anything to happen."

"You blew off time with your family again for this job; for a drug dealer that got shot; you blew off your family for that. Your son got shot and he's lying open on an OR table because you couldn't spend one damn day with your children!"

"Stop blaming this on me!" Antonio screams back and I slap him through the face. I cry and my voice gets more nasally, "You chose your job over your family. I hope it was worth it."

**

Antonio's POV

"You chose your job over your family. I hope it was worth it"

Jay looks at me sympathetically and squeezes my shoulder when Kate storms out. I cry softly as her words hit me.

"I-I need to get to the hospital, I-I- my son... I didn't mean it, I didn't mean it"

"She's angry, and scared, she didn't mean it."

"I"

"Let's go to the hospital, let's go"

**

"Kate, Antonio" Rhodes comes out, looking tired but relieved, "The surgery was a success, he's going to be sore for a long while, but he'll be fine"

"Thank God, thank you"

Rhodes smiles and squeezes Kate's shoulder. I tear up and sniff as Kate sits down next to Erin.

**

Kate's POV

"M-mommy" My head snaps up, and I cry softly as I see my baby looking up at me with tired eyes.

"Hey baby" I cradle his face and kiss his forehead, "Mommy's here, mommy's here"

"Someone hurt me" he whispers and I sob, "But daddy saved me"

My heart jumps in my throat, "He did?"

"He k-killed the man that h-hurt me"

I smile and cry harder, "You'll be okay baby I promise, I love you so much" I kiss his forehead and cheek, "I love you"

"Love you too mommy"

"Knock, knock" Gabby mocks as she, Loui, Erin and Jay walk in.

"We brought presents!" Erin says