Chapter 22

One month later

Kate finally got cleared by Psych to do surgery again; the Med staff are getting better – they aren't as traumatized as they was.

"You're leaving me tonight?" Antonio pouts as I flung clothes out of my wardrobe.
"Hey!" He whines and I look behind me. I flung a shirt on his head. I giggle and sit down on his lap.

"I'm going with Erin to Bunny's wedding and staying the night. I think she'll need a bottle of Tequila; and a lot of dance offs"

Antonio frowns, "Fine, I'm going to Molly's then"

"Alone – what a loser" I snicker and kiss his head.

"Not alone mean girl, I'll ask Jay to come with me. Besides, I have many friends, I get to Molly's and everyone wants to hang with me. I'm like the social glue"

I laugh loudly, "The social glue?"

"Yeah, ask anyone"

I giggle, "You're the cutest man on earth" I press a dozen kisses to his face and then kiss his lips.

"How long until the wedding?" Antonio whispers as he presses kisses to my neck. "Hmm, another two hours"

"We can do a lot in two hours" he whispers and kisses me deeply. He pushes me on my back and we salvage the two hours.

**

"Look at you, you look gorgeous" I comment when Erin gets in her Mercedes. Erin smiles and adjusts her black dress and kisses my cheek. "You too best friend, let's get this over this"

**

We stayed for the ceremony, Erin's miserable because Bunny was being...well... Bunny.

"Oh look, Erin, Katelyn" Bunny comments as she waddles over to them. She reeks of alcohol.

"Bunny" I smile slightly; I'm trying to be the better person.

"Mom, uh, congratulations"

Bunny smiles, "I finally have a man, and he has beautiful children. I have a family"

I frown, disgusted. I look at Erin who falters.

"Congratulations then" Erin snaps, "We're going"

"You're leaving?" Johnny, Bunny's new husband, says

"Yeah, we have work tomorrow, I'm happy for you" Erin says coldly and she all but drags me out of the venue.

"Erin, wait up" I call, trying to run in the heels of hell. I hate heels.

"I hate her Kate, I hate her." She's emotional; eyes are teary, lips are quivering.

"I know" I whisper, "I know"

"She's not my family, she's not my mom."

"She's not, no, she's not your family. She gave birth to you, that's all"

She crouches down and sobs. I immediately take her in my arms.

"Sometimes I wish I was never born. Why did I get born into her family?"

I freeze, how dare she says that?
"Come with me" I say and grab her hand. I drag her to the nearest bar and order 6 Tequila shots and two beers.

"What are we doing?" Erin asks as the waitress brings the drinks.

"We're drinking, and after we drink I'm going to slap some sense into your stupid brain."

Erin chuckles, and we cheers to all the shots. When the 6 shots are finished I take a sip of my beer.