Fourty-Seven

AUTHORS NOTE; I said their daughter would be born in chapter fifty. However I'm changing that to change chapter 48.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Amelia's due date was getting closer. She knew that once she had given birth, everything was going to get more complicated. She would have a daughter that would tie her and Severus together forever.

When she woke that morning, she felt a twinge in her stomach. She knew it was normal as she was close to giving birth. She had to admit that she was terrified about becoming a mother.

Amelia made her way down to the kitchen. Molly Weasley was there. She smiled. "Morning dear. Would you like some breakfast? You have to keep your strength up."

Amelia smiled slightly and nodded. "Just some toast please. I'm not really that hungry," she said.

***
Severus knew his daughter was going to be born any day now. He would be lying if he said he didn't want to see her. But he knew that he couldn't. His mission would ensure that he never even saw his daughter. That she never even knew of his name.

Albus looked at him. "Severus, I know my time is coming close. But if, by some chance your daughter is born before May, I would like you to see her."

"I cannot do that. Seeing my daughter would change everything and I can't do that. I have to save Draco from becoming what the dark lord wants of him," Severus said.

Albus nodded. He knew that Severus would want to be in his daughter's life. But how could he when he had to become public enemy.

***
Amelia looked up as Narcissa walked in. She smiled. "Are you okay mother?" She asked.

Narcissa smiled and nodded. She was a trained medi-witch but she didn't do anything with it as she had married Lucius who didn't want his wife looking after someone else. "Yes. I've just come to check on you and my granddaughter. Poppy is a little busy," she said.

Amelia smiled. She knew her mother wasn't happy that she was pregnant. But she didn't regret keeping her child. Amelia sighed. "Mother, do you want to know why I've kept the baby?" She asked.

"I do as it goes darling."

Amelia sighed and nodded. "Do you remember when I was held by Voldemort? Tortured and raped? Well when I considered terminating the pregnancy, Madam Pomfrey told me that having this baby would probably be my only chance. To be a mother. I couldn't end the baby's life then."

Narcissa felt so bad for her daughter. She had no idea that she had been carrying this secret around for so long. "You should have told me."

"I couldn't. I couldn't accept it."

***
Severus sat in his private chambers. He was writing out a letter. A letter for his daughter;

To my daughter, Ivy.
I do not know what your mother has told you. Despite it all, I cared deeply for the both of you.

In my life, I never thought I would have a child. Let alone a daughter. I have no doubt in my mind that you will be as beautiful as your mother.

I do believe that the whole world will believe that I murdered the greatest wizard of all, Albus Dumbledore. You wouldn't have even known him. He was the greatest man I ever knew. I did this for a reason. To keep your Uncle Draco safe.

My precious daughter, I would have done anything to have been in your life. I do not know how old you will be when you receive this letter. Your mother was adamant she wanted me there for your life.

I hope with everything in me, I will see you.

Love,
Your father, Severus Snape.

Once he wrote out the letter, he wrote out one for Amelia;

Amelia,
Enclosed is a letter for our daughter. I would deeply appreciate it if you could see to it that she receives it when you feel is best.

I only hope that she will be as beautiful as you.
I wish things could have been different.

Whatever you hear over the next couple of months, know that it was all for you, Draco and our precious treasure.

Severus Snape.

***

Amelia jumped a mile when an house elf popped into the room. She took the letters and read hers. She didn't even open the one for Ivy. She couldn't.

Amelia felt the tears pouring down her cheeks. She knew something was going on. But could she keep her daughter safe through it all?