Thirty-Four

It was now the summer holidays. Amelia had been apprehensive about returning home. She knew Voldemort had taken over the manor. She didn't want to be there.

Lucius had been sent to Azkaban. He had failed in getting the phrophercy. Amelia thought her father didn't deserve any better. He deserved to rot in Amelia's opinion.

When morning came, Amelia went down to breakfast. Her mother looked broken. She took her hand. "It's all going to be okay. I promise," she told her.

Narcissa sighed. "I should be promising you that," she said as she kissed her daughter's head.

***
Narcissa and Draco had gone into Diagon Alley. Amelia was alone in the manor. She had locked herself in her bedroom so she didn't have to see Voldemort. She didn't want to be around him.

Amelia didn't know what, but she knew her mother and twin brother were hiding something from her. She wanted to know. She had been corresponding with Maisie and she didn't know either.

The door to her bedroom knocked. Amelia paled. She didn't know who it was. "Miss Malfoy."

Amelia didn't know weather or not to be relieved that it was Snape. She didn't know what reason he had to be there. Amelia walked over to the door and took off the charm. She looked at him.

Snape was standing there. Amelia sighed. "What do you want?" She asked.

"I came to check up on you. I know it isn't easy having the dark lord here," Snape said.

Amelia shrugged. "It's fine. I'm dealing with it. I stay in my room when my mother is away. When she's here, I sit in her study with her," she said.

Snape nodded. "The headmaster wishes to see you before the term resumes."

***
It was a new term at Hogwarts. Amelia sat in the great hall. But she wasn't herself. Dumbledore began his yearly talk. "Defence against the Dark Arts Will now be taught by Professor Snape."

Amelia looked up as the whole of Slytherin house began applauding. Amelia already knew that. She had slept with him a couple of times during the summer holidays. Amelia knew she regretted it.

***
Maisie walked over to Amelia in the common room. "How was it?"

"It was horrible. My mother, she's not even herself. My father ending up in Azkaban has changed her. She's stone cold. Bella has completely moved in. The manor is dark and dreary."

Maisie sighed and took her hand. "It's all going to be okay. I know for a fact it will," she told her best friend.

***
Amelia had snuck out of the common room. She walked to Snape's private quarters. He quickly let her in. "To What do I owe the pleasure?" He asked.

Amelia sighed. "What happened between us in the summer, it shouldn't have. I needed someone. You helped me and while I'm grateful, nothing can happen again," she told her.

Snape nodded. "I agree. It was foolish."

Amelia turned and walked away. Little did she know, that this year, everything was going to change.