Fourty-Two

Snape didn't want to think about Amelia being pregnant with his baby. He knew he wanted to be a father but he couldn't. His child didn't need someone like him in their life. He knew Amelia would do an amazing job with the baby.

When morning came, Severus walked to the great hall. He saw Amelia sitting with Maisie and Draco. She wasn't eating her breakfast. Severus wasn't happy. He knew Amelia needed to keep her strength up.

Severus saw Amelia leaving the great hall. He stood up and followed her. "Miss Malfoy."

Amelia turned to him. "Can I help you?" She asked as she felt herself wanting to be sick.

"I saw you weren't eating your breakfast. You need to eat. To keep up your strength for the baby," Severus said as he saw how pale she looked.

***
Amelia looked at herself in the mirror. She was thankful that she could purchase robes that would cover her baby bump. She knew she needed to tell Narcissa soon. She didn't want to keep anything hidden from her mother. Not when Narcissa had done so much for her.

Maisie walked in. "How's my little baby?" She asked. She knew how scared Amelia was. Especially after everything she had been through.

Amelia shrugged. "I don't know. Just there I guess. I'm scared though Mais. What if I can't love the baby? I don't feel anything towards it yet."

Maisie realised how down her best friend was. She took her hand. "Does this have anything to do with Snape? And him not wanting to be involved?" She asked.

Amelia shrugged. "I don't know. I don't know about much anymore," she admitted. She felt the tears hit her cheeks.

***
Narcissa sat at Malfoy Manor. Lucius had been freed from Azkaban. He sighed. "I am sorry Narcissa. But the dark lord has promised great things. If Amelia is to give him an heir, he will make me his second in command. We need this Narcissa," he said.

Narcissa shook her head. "No. I refuse to allow that monster to impregnate my baby."

Lucius sighed. He knew how much of a fierce mother Narcissa was. She would die for Draco and Amelia.

***
Draco stood in shock. He heard his sister talking about being pregnant. He couldn't believe it. His sister was going to have a baby.

Draco walked down to the common room. He took out some parchment and a quill. He knew Narcissa didn't know. Amelia wouldn't tell her.

Draco wrote the letter.

***
Narcissa was about to head to sleep when Draco's owl flew in. She frowned but took the letter. She opened it and paled:

Mother,
I hope this letter finds you well. I have news for you. I overheard a conversation between Amelia and Maisie. It seems Amelia is pregnant. I'm not too sure on who the father is.

I hope you're well
All my love,
Draco
X

Narcissa had no words. She couldn't believe it. Who had gotten her daughter pregnant? She had to know. She knew that the dark lord would know already that she was pregnant.

But could Narcissa keep her daughter safe?