Chapter 10

"Are you sure?" Neal asked as Luna walked in the musty old Elders house behind Kay.

"I'll just be a minute." she told him. The woman closed the door in his face, and directed Luna through a dimly lit living room with shelves stacked with books to the ceiling, and a huge fireplace. The two sofas were directly across from each other, with a coffee table sandwiched in between.

"Look who finally arrived, I'm Kay, " she held a hand to her chest. "Dakotah, Kai."  she pointed to each of them, a middle aged man who looked a lot older in the face, with gray striping his hair. The other woman, Kai, was very petite, her dress was black and had a high square cut neckline. Her hair was also dark, but had a one line of gray while Kay seemed to have none. They all sat and Luna followed suit. 

"We've been wait for you to find us." Dakotah said, Kay had already made tea and was pushing it toward Luna. "We knew you were near, we could sense it." Kai was nodding absentmindedly looking almost mad.

"So you knew my birth parents?" Luna asked looking at each person for a second before moving to the next, not knowing who to look at. 

"Lot's of people did." Kay answered.

"Did? Are they dead?" It didn't really cross her mind that they could be gone, but it didn't surprise her at all.

"You're father is,"Kai answered pushing Luna's tea closer to her. "Drink, so I can read your leaves." Luna took a big gulp before looking over to Kay. She was holding out her hands for Luna to take, so she hesitantly laid her hands atop of the older woman's.  THe older womans head flew back to look up to the sky, or that's what Luna thought. With closer examination Kay's eyes were open but unseeing. Luna looked back at the other Elders. Kay finished with a large inhale. "So it's true!" her hands clapped to together, and she giggled manically. Luna took an even bigger sip of tea, it was halfway gone now. 

"What's true?"  They all turned, even Luna. Neal was standing in the doorway. "I couldn't just leave you in here with a bunch of strangers! Well stangers to you any way." he said looking around, then pulling up an empty chair.  Luna shook off the distraction and gave a questioning look to Kay who geastured for Dakotah to read her. Luna finished off her tea and handed it to Kai. Dakotah set his hands on her shoulder his eyes were closed. Kai shook her head after draining the remaining liquid and pushed it back to Luna.

"Tell me what you see." She looked down into the clump of leaves that reminded her of her of the soil in her mother's flower pots sitting in the window at Kaleb's house. 

"That looks like a fox, then theres a moon, and that,"she gestured to the inverted image in the cup "looks like a lemon."

"No way." Neal jumped up in his seat to get a look into the cup. 

"What's so special about lemons to you?" Luna looked from Kai to Neal.

"It's your scent," he explained "lemons and mint."

"Are you serious?" she looked down a minute. "It was my mom's favorite thing to plant. I brought her indoor lemon tree, and I just started growing mint leaves." Kai continued to nodd, now rubbing her hands to together as if to keep warm, but it was cozy in the house. Dakotah's hands weren't on Luna's shoulders anymore and the three remaining Elders stared at each other. Kai grabbed the tea cup, using her finger to point to what she was looking at.

"It is almost the same as his reading." she said "The moon is for Lupus, and Lupa. Which is in your blood." Neal smirked at Luna as if to say 'I told you so' "The lemon is a sign for your mother, and the fox." she looked over at Neal. "Would you like to tell her what that means?"

"You read leaves?" Luna looked over to him.

"No, but this was in mine too." he looked worried, and that made Luna concerned.