26. SUGAR

Simonetta Vespucci, Di Cosimo, 1490
_________________________

『 nsfw 』

     Josiah was in front of him.

     The subject of every one of his dreams, desires, fantasies, was right here before his eyes. He could reach out and actually touch him if he wanted, feel physicality beneath his fingers.

    "W-what are you doing here?" Isaac let out. He could still barely believe he was awake as he continued to stare at the boy in front of him. "How did you find me?"

     "What do you think?" he said.

     "You're a stalker."

     He laughed weakly. "Close. Asher told me where you were."

     Damn kid.

     Isaac scoffed. "What'd you do, offer him your body? I'm sure he'd enjoy that. Money? Since your father provides you with everything you could possibly—"

     "I told him that I'm a loser who made a mistake." Isaac's smirk dropped at how blunt he was. "I told him how much I missed you. And how I'm a loser who couldn't stop missing you."

     Both of their voices were getting louder. Scared of waking the neighbors, Isaac took deep breaths to calm himself.

    "You used me," he stated. He bit his lip, scared of whatever words would come out of his mouth next. "You made me doubt everything that ever happened between us."

     "I know." Josiah had this really sad look in his eyes. As if on the verge of tears, his ocean eyes became a flood. "If it's any consolation, all of it was real to me. I guess it took too long to realize."

     "I-I don't know how I'm supposed to feel right now." He wasn't angry, but he wasn't necessarily ecstatic either. Scared, maybe? "For fuck's sake, I don't even know if this is actually happening or if I'm daydreaming. I can't tell anymore."

     "You don't have to feel anything," he said quietly. "But I want to come clean once and for all. Just...not here, though."

     "Then where?"

     Josiah had this habit of running his hands through his hair whenever he was anxious. "I-I had somewhere else in mind." He also tugged on the ends of his shirt sleeves. "Come with me? Please? I have food...and blankets in my car."

     So he planned all of this. Isaac couldn't stop focusing on his fidgeting hands and the fact that he planned this.

     "Alright."

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✦ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

     The interior of Josiah's car smelled of vanilla and felt like a summer night. He really did bring blankets, and offered a plush wool one to Isaac as soon as they entered the vehicle. It was then he spotted a small box of sugar cookies in the back and nearly gasped with joy. "I love these," he murmured.

     "I know. You said the same thing at Autumn's wedding."

     "I...I can't believe you remembered." Isaac leaned back into his leather seat, pulling his knees to his chest under the wool cover. He let Josiah pull out of the parking lot and enter the main road before he spoke again.