eighteen

♡ ♡ ♡

"you're a dick, seavey." "i know.." "i loved you daniel. i really loved you," "you loved me?"

"yeah, i did, but you broke my heart. i don't know if i could trust you again."

"i don't expect you to. all i want, is a second chance. and i... i understand if you don't want to give me one, i do. i just needed to try."

"god, living without you in my life corbyn. it's fucking hell. i really tried, i tried so hard to forget about the summer. to move on and forget about you but never could. i can't. and i don't think i want to."

"what i'm trying to say is that i miss you." daniel finished off his small rant, his voice just above a whisper.

both boys were in tears now. daniel still standing in the hallway. corbyn was a little nervous to let him into the room. "how do i know you aren't just going to lead me on again?"

"corbyn.. please. i know i'm an asshole. i'm the biggest asshole in the fucking world–" "no.. my dad is. but you're a close second right now."

"i never should have let you go. i– if i could go back, i would change everything about the last two days. god i just want you back."

"and i know it won't be easy, because of the distance. but after many rants to zach, i know now that if i really want this to work, the distance won't matter."

"daniel stop!" corbyn managed to get in, stopping the brunette from speaking more, "sorry."

"look, i–" "corbyn? what're you doing?" the blonde's eyes widened when he realized who it was.

"uh, h-hi, ashton, what're you doing here?" corbyn panicked. "i was coming by to see if you wanted to go down to the café but i guess you've got company so..."

"who's this corbyn?" ashton asked, pointing at daniel. "uh... a f-friend, i– we met over the summer."

"well i'll leave you two.. maybe meet me at the café?" ashton suggested, corbyn just nodded and the boy lightly pecked the blonde's cheek before leaving.

"y-you're seeing someone?" daniel's voice began to break. how could he have been so stupid to think that he had a chance with corbyn? that he would still be single?

his eyes slowly started to well of tears as he waited for the boys response. "well... no, not exactly." "wha– how can him kissing your cheek not be seeing someone?"

"jonah wanted me to get back out there and he set me up with ashton. i'm trying to move on daniel. i finally start to move on from you and you show up here? i find it selfish."

a few tears leaked from daniel's eyes at corbyn's words. "i'm sorry for what i did corbyn, please. i need to make this right. please, just one more chance i'm begging you." daniel was desperate. he needed the blonde. he needed him.

"i don't know daniel. i don't feel like i can trust you." corbyn sighed, "please.. i– just give me one chance. it's all i ask. but i– i get it if you feel really strongly about not giving me another chance and i'll leave. i'll go home."

daniel really wanted him to say something. something that would have him stay. he didn't want to go home. he didn't want corbyn to tell him to go home.

"you should probably go, jonah's gonna be back soon." corbyn mumbled. "corb– please." "i can't daniel. i can't do this. i still want to talk to you, i want to be friends but i can't do this with you and i'm asking you to respect that."

daniel sniffed, bowing his head sadly. "okay, i'll go." he spoke quietly. "but just know that if you change your mind at any point... i'm not giving up on this. on us."

with that, daniel walked away quickly. he rushed away from the campus, catching another uber back to his hotel. then he road to the airport and left without another thought.

it was super late when daniel got back to texas, and instead of going to his house he went to zach's.

he rushed up to the boy's room. knocking once before opening the door. "dani? i thought you were–" zach started but stopped as soon as he saw the boy break down.

"daniel what happened!" jack asked him, concerned for the boy. it was rare for daniel to cry, so the fact that he was crying like this was worrisome.

"he... he's s-seeing someone, a-and he... he to-ld me i should l-eave." daniel sobbed. "what? corbyn told me he was single!"

"he's seeing s-someone named ashton. and h-he referred to me as jus-t a friend from the sum-mer."

zach didn't let go of the hug he had grabbed the boy into. he felt terrible. he pushed daniel to go see him, but he wasn't even aware that corbyn was seeing anyone. corbyn said he was single.

"he said he l-loved me." "well that's good right?" jack thought out loud, keeping his voice low and calm. "no! loved! past-tense. meaning not anymore. he doesn't love me."

"daniel i am so sorry. i shouldn't have pushed you to go. i didn't know he was seeing anyone." zach apologized.

he apologized repeatedly, feeling like it would never be enough. zach led the sobbing boy over to his bed, and fell asleep so quickly.

the other two looking at each other sadly. feeling terrible for their friend.