Nine

Chapter Nine

                           Jason still doesn’t know what he did wrong, he doesn’t understand why he can’t bring the sun to shine or the moon the light. He doesn’t understand why he had to lose things too fast. He still doesn’t understand why in all the people he could get close with, and love, it had to be her. It was stupid, yes, like it was always meant to be, but not this stupid, at least not this low. Jason questions where he gave a little too less. Jason questions where it was so low, that she found a way to run away for him. Jason doesn’t want to feel anything, he doesn’t want to know anything anymore, for now, and he needed answers, only from— Dianne, Dianne and Dianne.

                            Maybe the whole thing of going to school was stupid, and entering college was another stupid thing. Jason would love to work for a farm, there’s nothing wrong with becoming a farmer, because one way or another, farmers are the number source of food, other than the crops, of course. But, without farmers, who would be able to take them out or do things that supply us with food? Who does? Who could?

                             In the long run, it’s Jason’s fault anyways. He isolated himself from the others, but he couldn’t just hang out with other people, because he couldn’t find himself finding similarities with his classmates, he wanted to; yes. But, he just couldn’t.

                             “Jason” His mother calls and he gets out of his room and heads to voice that his name was called to.

                             “Yes, mother?” He asks

                             “It’s your dad, he called—er, he wanted to go out with you today. You did promise you’d do anything—“

                             “I get it. What time does he want to take me?” I asked my mother smiles.

                             “Later at 5 pm. Jason, this girl does a lot to you” His mother commented.

                             “And I want a lot more to be done. A lot, lot more” Jason answers, and in the deepest cave of his heart, he meant it. He really meant it.

~*~

                              “Jason, son, I’ve waited too long” His father says.

                              “And that’s why you had to bribe me into this” Jason thought, but he smiled at his father instead, without his father, he wouldn’t be formed anyways.

                              “So, what keeps you busy, son?” And although, the word ‘son’ makes Jason cringe, he just tries to answer the question.

                              “A lot actually. Ranging from books to more books. I also write comedy, because they’re funny and awesome. I strongly don’t like games, because they’re too much for my liking. I like singing, but nobody knows that. I like writing. I write on my diary most of the times—Why are you looking at me like that?” Jason wanted to continue his long lists of what he liked to do, but his dad is looking at him weirdly, with awe, and it disturbs him.

                              “I just missed you, son. It’s been 16 years” His father tells, and Jason really forgets about how long it had been, his mother was always by his side, for all his life. He was so busy with his life and mother that he forgot how long it was that he didn’t have a father.

                             “Well, don’t we all miss a lot of things? I haven’t noticed really. Every program, mother was always there, or she’d send uncle Louis. Uncle Louis is a ruckus, but at least, I know they make an effort. You weren’t there. You could’ve made a move, right? But, you were too busy with work and everything that made you busy in your life. I’m over this now, sir” Jason explains and his father tenses up beside him.

                               “I’m not your boss. You can call me dad, please call me dad” He pleads.

                               “Where are we heading to?” Jason asks instead.

                               “I’m going to show you my empire” His father answers.

                               “Your empire?” Jason asks

                               “It’s where my life revolves around, Jason” His father answers, and Jason can’t wait to see something new, he wants to explore something new. Maybe, this is what he wanted, something that would take his attention away.