Seperate ways

Ava POV

We all stand aside each other as a man holding his phone approaches us. Alx covers up her breast as she hides behind James. "Don't worry. I stopped recording when he turned into a gigantic dragon." The Caucasian teenager said pointing his finger at Demetrius as we all stare him down. "You recorded us!" James growls grabbing him by his shirt as I touch his shoulder as he releases his grip from the man. "I... I... what are you guys... some type of aliens? And who was that shark thing." The man questions as he proceeds to fiddle with his camera. "He's trying to go live again." I tell everyone as James grabs his phone crushing it with his bare hands. "Dude... my phone." The man sighs as he picks up the remaining pieces.

"You don't tell anyone what you've seen." James tells him as he scrunches his face. "Dude. The video is at a fifty million views already... it's too late. I'm sorry." He says as James balls up his fist as Demetrius is the one to stop him this time, touching his shoulder. "Let him go. He's not worth it. Just some kid trying to get famous off a video." He tells James as James sighs in annoyance. "Well we can't just let him roam free. He's seen our faces." Alx tells us as we all stand there as he looks at us with eyes of interest. "I'll take him to my island." Demetrius speaks breaking the silence as we all turn our heads to him.

"Will there be dragons? Like the one you can transform into." The kid gets eager as James folds his arm on his chest. "Are you sure that's a good idea?" James asks as the two men walk to the side discussing the situation. "Well I can't hear anything from where there standing." I tell Alx as she's using her super hearing to gather every word. "Apparently he wants to keep a eye on you. He thinks the government will come after you, so he wants to protect you." Alx tells the kid after a minute goes by and the guys walk back over to us. "Hey kid what's your name?" Demetrius asks him. "I'm Zack." He answers as he fiddles with his jacket and glasses getting nervous.

"Nothing to be afraid of. Except for her. She's a vampire." James says pointing at me causing me to smile a little. "Yea so watch your back. I bite." I say as the kid laughs a little calming down. "You guys are  pretty cool. I thought you were all heartless monsters or something." He says as we all stare at each other before looking at him. "Aight Zack. This is the plan I'm going to stay close to your home. That way you can stay in school and I can watch over you." Demetrius tells him as he nods his head agreeing. "Well I don't live far... Just we don't live in the city." Zack says as me and James look at each other. "Neither do we." I tell him as he nods his head thinking about it.

"Can we fly home on your back?" Zack says looking at Demetrius as James face palms his self. "I can't really transform until a dragon again. It strains my body because the form is so big." Demetrius tells Zack as he takes a deep breath getting annoyed. "How long will that last?" He asks him as Demetrius looks at us. "A day or two. Just depends on what happened when I was in that form." He explains.

Minutes go by of us talking before we decide to call it a night. "So that's the plan Drogan watches Zack, at least till the media calms down." James says as I stand by his side waiting to leave. "Alx. Where will you go?" James asked her as I start to feel some sort of tension between these two. Jealousy tickling my stomach as I shake it out of my head. "I have no where to go." She tells him as he looks at her with a look of confirmation. "Join my pack." He tells her not asking as she looks at him surprised. "Pack?" She questions. "Are you asking me to join... your werewolf pack. I'm a werecheetah. How would that work." She says as I stare at James impatiently. "I'm not asking you to join. I'm telling you." He tells her as his eyes glow red as she understands who he is.

An Alpha.

Five days later

Everything had settled down a little bit as James had came over my house to watch a movie. Some scary movie that just came out that he wanted to watch with me. We used to watch movies all the time and since we were friends again, here we was. My parents were on the other couch watching too. James was being respectful by being a distance away from me.

"James what happened to your eye?" My mother asked him as James looked at me for reassurance. "I got into a car accident... glass went in my eye." James told my parents as they looked uneasy. "I'm sorry if its too distracting." He said as I rubbed my hand on his arm. "It's not." I said to James as I looked at my parents annoyed as they stopped their interrogation.

Time went by as the movie continued to go on as my mom was into it. My dad kept looking back at us as the movie would show two couples Kissing. Which was starting to make me uncomfortable. "Do they know that you are a vampire." James said in a whisper as my dad turned his head back to the screen. "No. And your not going to tell them." I whisper back as he watches my parents now.

"Isn't your mom like super religious... which is why she would never buy you pants when we were kids." James says as I look back at him now wondering how did he find out. "It's obvious." He shrugs as I roll my eyes at him. "Shut up." I tell him trying to watch the movie. "But you know she'll be mad if you don't tell her and she finds out on her own." James continues to whisper as both my parents turn their attention to us. "Ava, what are you and Mr. Moxs over there whispering about?" My mom asked as my father looks at James.

"James thinks I'm going to get scared soon." I tell my mother as James has this look of no i didn't. He slowly catches on as my father squints his eyes at him. "James." My father said as James looks at him curious as to what's on his mind. "Yes Mr. Nyalya." James answered back with a subtle smart ass remark in his voice. "When are you going to marry my daughter?" He asks James as he doubles over going from relax to shocked. "DAD!" I yell as he looks at me now. My mom elbows him in his arm as he looks at her. "She's literally obsessed with the boy, have you seen her room." He says as my mom gets mad at him. "Ronald. Upstairs now." My mother tells him as he sighs following her upstairs as James looks at me.

"So Your room huh?" James grins at me as I feel my face heat up as his eyes stare me down almost intimating.