From: You

Sent: 13:45, Feb 28

Namjoon, please. I'm trying to work.

Namjoon stands up and looks into your cubicle. "No you're not," he announces.

Eyes widening, you jerk your head at George.

Namjoon's eyes slide to your right. "No," he amends, overly loud. "You're not the one working on the Jargon account, Y/N." Namjoon's voice is robotic and high-pitched while you fight back your laughter. "I am."

Slowly, still staring at George, he sits back down.

From: Namjoon

Sent: 13:47, Feb 28

No, but really. I have on good authority the boss is leaving at 4:00 for his kid's soccer game. Happy hour?

From: You

Sent: 13:49, Feb 28

Oooo. This is awkward. Minsun already invited me to one... are you sure you're allowed to come?

*Namjoon has created a chat with You and Minsun*

From: Namjoon

Sent: 13:50, Feb 28

Yo, Minsun – what is this?? I'm not invited to happy hour?

From: Minsun

Sent: 13:52, Feb 28

We're fighting. Did Y/N not tell you? You called Jin ugly and he's mad, ergo so am I

From: Namjoon

Sent: 13:53, Feb 28

Tell Jin he's pretty and I'm coming to happy hour, his salty ass be damned

From: Minsun

Sent: 13:55, Feb 28

Jin will accept your apology on the condition you buy him a beer

From: Namjoon

Sent: 13:57, Feb 28

Fine. Your boyfriend is so needy

From: You

Sent: 13:59, Feb 28

... Why am I in this chat?

Form over your cubicle, Namjoon laughs and leans sideways to look at you. "So... 4:00?"

You glance at your boss' office. "4:15," you hiss. "At least give the appearance of trying to work."

Namjoon nods, sliding back into his workspace while you reluctantly return to yours. The rest of the day is spent populating PowerPoints and summarizing Excel, waiting patiently until the clock chimes 4:00. That is when your boss's door opens and he leaves, turning off lights and striding out on the floor.

"How's the workforce?" he asks, clapping Namjoon on the shoulder.

It is a struggle not to laugh, biting down on your lip while you glance at your screen. Lars absolutely loves Namjoon, to George's eternal chagrin.

"Good, Lars." Namjoon responds on auto-pilot, wincing when your boss claps him again on the shoulder.

"Excellent, excellent." Lars hitches his laptop case higher and surveys the office. "Have a good weekend!" he says, walking towards the door. "Don't stay for too much longer."