Prologue

Prologue 

"When the fuck were you going to tell me?" He yelled thrusting the papers in her face causing her to blink a few times before she realised what he was holding in his hand.

"Why the fuck were you going through my stuff." She yelled back as a fire crept through her body leaving a raging fire in its wake. He slammed the papers down on the table as he took a step towards her.

"I was looking for a book, when low and behold I found these stashed behind your Introduction to arts book." She took a step back as he crept forward. She stared at Chase as he aggressively ran his finger through his natural red hair that suited his fiery personality.

"You are not going." Charlotte shook her head knowing a fight was coming. She had been preparing herself for weeks to tell Chase, but she could never find the right time.

"You don't get a say in what I do. I have already accepted the scholarship." He took another step forward and Charlotte knew if he touched her that would be the end. She would give into his crazy demands like she always did.

"Well, tell them you can no longer go." She shook her head as angry tears threatened to escape. She had worked had for this scholarship and she wasn't about to give it up because Chase didn't want her to leave.

"No. I have worked hard for this. Why can't you just be happy for me?" She pleaded as his hazel eyes bore into her green ones.

"How can I be happy when you are moving across to the other side of the world?" She took another step back and ran into the couch that they shared.

"Don't come near me." She held out her hands, but it was no use. She felt the hard ridges of his body that she had seared into her brain. The same body that would spend hours upon hours making love to her. The same hard body that she would curl up to almost every night. The same hard body that she could never say no to. He grabbed her hands softly, and she felt that electricity flow through her body warming her from the inside out.

"Don't go." He whispered as he stepped closer and she closed her eyes trying to fight him. She tried to push him away, but her attempts were weak. They always were.

"You can't fix this problem with sex Chase. Not this time." He grunted in displeasure as he started to leave feather-like kisses up and down her neck. Her skin broke out in goosebumps and she shivered as she tried to fight the feelings of pleasure coursing through her body. He kissed his way across her chin as he banded his arms tightly around her waist leaving her nowhere to go.

"Stop trying to fight me, Charlie." She tried to push him again, but it was no use. When she felt his lips gently touch hers, she tried to fight the tingles that spread through her lips every time he kissed her. She tried to remember what she had to say to him, but she couldn't. Chase flexed his hand on her lower back causing her to gasp and Chase to deepen the kiss. She stood like stone for a couple of seconds before she gave in. Her body relaxed as she wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him back as they both fought for dominance.