Chapter 23

Emir was sitting in his office. After what happened a few days ago he became more calm and collected. Knowing that Zeynep is by his side no matter what, made him more confident to face whatever was coming his wat. It made him more confident to face Aksoy's danger and protect his family. He had to put a plan to tame Aksoy without putting his family in danger. If everything goes as he planned, he'll get rid of Aksoy sooner rather than later. He have to bid his time and wait.

Asu intruppted his work by coming into his office. Without knocking as usual.

"When are going to knock at doors Asu?"

"Maybe never. That's not important. I have to tell you something important"
Asu was serious , and Emir became a bit worried.

"What is it? " Emir asked.

"It's just.. Aren't I and Tufan supposed to go to Italy for that business conference our company was invited to??"

"Yes. It's in two days. You are supposed to fly tomorrow, right?" Emir questioned.

"Well, I can't go" Asu said shortly.

"What? Why"

"Well, Tufan's mother got a bit sick. And he can't leave her right now" Asu said with sympathy. And Emir stood.

"What? Is she okay?"

"Yes. Yes. She just can't be left alone. And I can't leave Tufan and go alone. So I thought maybe you and Zeynep should go instead " Asu suggested.

"I can't Asu I have tons of work here.."

"Don't worry. I'll take care of it all" Asu hurried to say and Emir frawened.

"I thought you wanted to stay by Tufan's side. How are you going to take care of work?" Emir asked suspiciously.

"Well, I can still come to the company Emir. You don't expect me to stay in my mother in low's house all day cooking and cleaning.

"You can't even cook Asu".

"Exactly.. So are you going? It'll be good for you and Zeynep to take some time off and have fun. Think about Zeynep. She's been through a lot lately and I think a vacation would be good for her" Asu reasoned.
Emir contemplated her reasons for a second.

"You're right. It'll be good for her to spend some time away from here, but I have to make new reservations and..."

"Don't worry about it. I took care of everything " Asu jumped in. Handing him an envelope with two tickets and reservation details.

Emir looked at her raising his eyebrows.

"You haven't already planned this, have you?" Emir asked suspiciously. He knows his sister is so manipulative when she wants to be.

"No Emir of course not. How can I lie about my mother in low's health?"

"Then how did you know that I'll say yes? "

"I didn't. I just hoped that you will do so, I saved you the time and trouble and made the reservations for you" Asu said as honestly as she can.

Emir kept looking at her with narrowed eyes but hasn't commented. Asu wished him a good trip and left his office. He knows that this whole thing was a ploy by his sister but he let it slid. He both him and Zeynep need this trip. So he'll go and see what happens.

Asu entered her office and found Tufan waiting for her.

"Baby.. What happened to our trip. My secretary said you cancelled it. What happened?" Tufan asked.