Chapter 12

The family decided to hold a small engagement party for the sake of appearance and of course to attract the business world attention to the new partnership of Kozcuoglu- Sezin holding.

The engagement party was mostly like a Funeral for Zeynep.

In her head it wasn't a bad thing to marry her long time friend but it was the circumstances that lead to it and the fact that she didn't really know the said freind as she thought she did. was what made this marriage nothing but a sham.

She can only see the pretentious gestures and the fake happiness of the people around her.

They didn't know that this marriage is not happening out of love.

She couldn't breathe anymore. So she left the room and went to the balcony to get some frish air.

Her thoughts were a mess. The man she trusted with her entire being was the same man she agreed to marry to save her family.

Normaly she should be happy but she's not. She's marring for the wrong reasons. She was angry. Angry at the men in her life. Angry at herself for being this helpless.

She heard footsteps approaching behind her. A steps she knew like the back of her hand.
He leaned on his elbows beside her.

"It's not like you to stay this silent"
Emir said still looking straight ahead.

"Don't pretend like you know me anymore" she said in a cold voice.

"Don't pretend like you don't know ME Zeynep. I'm still me"

"No, you don't. You are an apportunistic asshole who took advantage of my family's situation and blackmailed me to marriage"

"Well, if you put it that way" Emir shrugged not looking offended or anything. And that made her anger spikes up.

"I just called you an asshole. Aren't at least offended? "

"You used to call me a lot worse thing when you're mad. So this is one of those times"

"EMIR... I'm not joking. And don't forget that our old friendship is over. We're only business partner whose got stuck to this sham of marriage. Don't forget that"

"And you don't forget that without this marriage you and your family will be in the streets right now"

The were looking at eachother heatedly now. She was furious.

"I hate you"

And finally she can see the hurt in Emir's eyes. She couldn't look at him anymore. So she turned around and left. She hated this. She hated seeing him hurt. She hated being the one hurting him. But he hurt her too. Maybe she was taking it all at him to decrease her pain. Maybe he didn't deserve her anger. But she had to let it go on someone. Or else she'll go crazy.

Even if she'll hurt him in the process. It's his fault. He deserves it somehow.

......

The wedding day.

It wasn't something special. It was a small ceremony between family amd close friends and of course some of the family's business partners.
It wasn't a typical happy wedding day. It was more like a business gathering.
At least Zeynep got to wear a white dress.

After they excganged the vowels and the minister declared them hasband and wife Zeynep barely saw Emir. She was standing by her siblings and Asu all the time while Emir busy discussing some boring business stuff with his father and hers. She knows that emir hated that it was obvious from the tension in his shoulder and the caress between his eyes. Somthing was bothering him but Zeynep shock her head not wanting to think about him.