He's my weakness. I can never resist him.

But holy shit! I'm sure anyone can walk in here at any time and it'll be a huge disaster. Discerning this, I pull back abruptly.

"Enough," I beg, catching my needed breath.

"My God, you're driving me crazy." Liam looks confused as he stares at me in the eyes. "I don't know how to deal with your impertinence, I swear. Fuck, I want you near me all the time, so what do I do?" he huskily asks.

"I don't know," I breathe. "Sam will be here soon. Let me go." I step away from the door while fixing my composure.

"Okay." Liam opens the door and I storm out of the kitchen.

I have to go back to Los Angeles and forget everything. The dream is over and I need to get back to reality. A gush of fresh air takes my breath of nerve as I step into the front patio. My body feels hot and cold at the same time, and I can't stay still.

That kiss. Damn that kiss!

Out of the blue, a familiar voice of the roaring engine swaps my subconscious into reality, and my eyes open immediately. Malik is back. I can't help but smile at the sight of his infamous Chopper 64 as it lands on its usual place.

I straighten up when Malik drops off the ground with a small duffel bag in hand. Today he's exclusively dressed in white cropped pants and a blue jacket that matches his shoes. He looks handsome and majestic, nearing the porch.

"Told you I'd be back sooner than you can imagine, didn't I, Professor?" He beams as he approaches.

I walk toward him with a grin and he throws his bag to get me in his arms.

Laughing, I accept his friendly hug. "How was your trip?"

"Good. Boring but good." He seems happy as we pull apart. "Is everyone in?" He picks his bag and slowly we march into the house.

"Well, Eleanor left a while ago," I answer. "Sam is inside, and Liam—"

"He's here." Sam responds.

When I turn back, I see the two of them together.

"Here they are." I fling my hand and step aside.

"Hi, Malik. Are you good?" Sam smiles radiantly at him.

"Very good, and I see everyone is doing great," Malik replies. "What's up, Brother?" He moves towards Liam.

"Hey." Sam gets closer to me as I lean on the concrete railings. "Are you good?"

"Yeah." I force a smile, and she easily believes me. "Had breakfast?"

"No. I'm famished." She rubs her tummy. We laugh briefly before she says, "I'll go eat something. You coming?"

"No, I'm good."

My morning goes on gloomily until Malik returns about thirty minutes later. He smiles softly, a golden iPhone in his hand.

"Everything okay, Professor?" he asks casually.

"No. I feel like everything's a mess and I want to fly away so I forget it all." I probably sound like a drunk woman. He lifts a single eyebrow at me. "Can I use your helicopter?" I ask without flinching.

"The Chopper?" He's very surprised.

I nod.

"Actually I'd like to see Big Sky. I've heard marvelous stuff about the place. Can we go together? I mean . . . Can you take me there?" I give him a hopeful look as it's my last card for escape.