Chapter fourteen

Iris's POV:

"Ughhhhh," I woke up and looked at the time. 2:30 it read and I was shocked I had slept in for that long. School must be over by now. I checked my phone and saw all the missed texts from mattia and the rest of the group. They are all just like normal text from whenever you miss a whole day of school without telling everyone your whereabouts. I sighed answering everyone's texts.

Once I was done, I turned off my phone but turned it on by accident. My lock screen had a photo of mattia looking at the camera with his big smile. He has such a big heart. I got a text from kevin that made me wanna vomit. "Where were you today? I heard your ex and old friends talking about you. Good thing you broke them off. Seem toxic. I hope to see you tomorrow with those dimples showing." I shivered and glared at the screen responding with I was not feeling to good and needed to stay at home.

I heard the doorbell ring and the sound of loud knocking. I got up to check who it was and it turns out it was just who I was looking for: Kevin. Faking a smile, I decide to get this check up over with and so I can go see mattia at the mall whenever I ask him to go. I open the door and Kevin barges in, not waiting for me to say anything about coming in. As per usual.

"Good work with the whole dumping them thing. They seem to really hate you now. Now, I must let you know I will be in town for a couple of more days, so until I leave I need to make sure you are in line with the plan. No need to discuss any further, you're already doing good. I'm going to go back to my place and then on Saturday I will leave for texas. Have fun!" He shut the door and I was shocked. Didn't say anything about my body or how he would fuck me.

Usually back in Texas whenever he would do his little check ins he would say something perverted. He's kinda sorta changed now, not in anyway good but the pervert side of his is at rest. I grab my phone from upstairs and asked mattia if he wanted to go to the mall. He said yes and to meet at our place. So, I took a shower and got dressed.

I drove to the school and parked, seeing mattia beat me here. Getting out, I walk up to him and hug him taking in his scent in the process. "I missed you babe, where were you? Are you okay? Did kevin touch you?" I pulled away from him and saw his worried face. I love this protectiveness of him.

"No but he did a little check in with me seeing if I was keeping up with the plan. I was at home and I am fine, I had stayed up a little bit late after our date and next thing you know. Parents were home and I almost got in trouble if it wasn't for the fact that he showed up. I had driven down town to see everything and when I got home mom had made it clear that she knew about my whereabouts," I said and he shook his hand and smiled.

"You're always getting into some type of trouble iris," I laughed and we walked to his car and headed to the mall. The windows were down and the wind was blowing in our faces with a wild force. I saw a lot as we drove there and there was a lot to look at. The trees flowing in the direction of the wind and birds flying in a section.

We got there and he rolled up the windows as we got out. "Enjoyed that?" He said as we got out. I nodded and we went into the mall looking around to see the different stores. "Can we please go to hot topic?" I asked practically pleading. He looked at me funny and said, "You can do whatever you want." I almost screamed and ran to the store, dragging him along.

Entering, I went straight to the back and saw my favorite band shirt. I found my size and grabbed it and kept looking around the store for some more shirts. On my search for clothes, I also found some blue dye and put it with mattia since he was carrying everything. Something caught my eyes though, I bracelet with his name on it. I'm pretty sure he saw it too and said, "Do you want it." I looked at him and then looked back at it.