Xu Mao arrived before Feng Yu Heng and very respectfully saluted to her. Before Feng Yu Heng could begin asking, he took the initiative to say: “I went with Sun Qi today to check up on the members of the imperial harem. After returning, we heard Feng Li, who does miscellaneous jobs in the imperial physician’s college, say that he went with Princess Yu to check up on Concubine Liu, and it was princess’ servant, Huang Quan, who had gone to invite him. This lowly one was thinking that boss definitely had not sent Miss Huang Quan to invite Feng Li, thus I quickly came out to visit the palace. It also happens that this lowly one has some things that must be said to boss.”

“There’s no rush.” Feng Yu Heng received Xu Mao in an outer room. She had him sit down then had a servant bring in some tea, “Have a sip of tea and slow down a bit. Speak about these things slowly. You’re someone recommended by Wang Lin. Compared to Sun Qi, I would naturally believe you more.”

“Thank you, boss.” Xu Mao was very thankful. After taking a sip of tea, he immediately said: “Right before entering the palace, cousin Lin had told me to be more attentive and to learn more from Sun Qi, but I must not speak too much. At the same time, I needed to pay attention to Sun Qi’s movements. I must prevent him from doing bad things in the palace. At that time, this lowly one just thought that Sun Qi was Song Kang’s disciple. Song Kang is also boss’ disciple. Speaking of it like this, he is truly one of our people. How could he possibly do something bad? But since cousin Lin had said this, it definitely meant that he had his reasons. This lowly one has been Sun Qi’s assistant for half a year and I have quietly kept an eye on him; however, nothing of note was noticed. In fact, it was Sun Qi that urged this lowly one to write reports to cousin Lin. There were also some that he wrote himself. After writing them, he would not even seal them before handing them to this lowly one. There were explanations about every little thing and major event that occurred in the Imperial Palace. Up to this point, there have not been any special movements, but there have been some strange movements in the past month.”

While Xu Mao spoke, his brow furrowed tightly. It was clear that there was something that he did not understand fully, as he told Feng Yu Heng: “Sun Qi has been on Concubine Liu’s illness for nearly three months. Every time he has been called to check on her, this lowly one has gone with him. There was a time when Sun Qi was not present, and Concubine Liu fell ill. It was this lowly one that went over. At that time, her illness had not progressed to such a severe state, but her condition over the past month has deteriorated quickly. It’s such that her time left is quickly dwindling, with not even a month left to live. But this is not the strangest part. The main reason that this lowly one came today is that the reason Assistant Minister Liu requested His Majesty invite boss to treat Concubine Liu’s illness was that Sun Qi had told him that only you could treat it.”

“Sun Qi said it?” The person that said this was Huang Quan. The girl had an angry expression, as she stomped and said: “That damn traitor. Who knew that with guarding ourselves well against outsiders, we would forget about our own people.”

Feng Yu Heng, however, thought even more than her, as she asked Xu Mao: “I have returned to the capital for nearly a month. Why have you not come and spoken to me about these things?”

Xu Mao shook his head and said: “It’s not that this lowly one did not come. Ever since Concubine Liu fell ill, Sun Qi had used that as an excuse to remain in the palace every day, saying that it was in the event that Concubine Liu suddenly fell ill. He did not leave the palace, thus it was natural that this lowly one could not leave the palace. It was just because boss officially accepted Concubine Liu’s case today that Sun Qi no longer had any reason to keep me in the palace, and this lowly one finally had the time to come to the Yu Palace.” While he spoke, he seemed to have some other thoughts, adding after some time: “This lowly one wonders if this lowly one has just thought too much about it, but it always feels as though there is someone following me. When looking back, there is nobody to be seen. It really is strange.”

Feng Yu Heng, however, did not find it strange, as she immediately ordered Huang Quan: “Go and tell Lady Zhou to have the guest courtyard prepared. Xu Mao will be staying overnight in the Yu Palace.” After saying this, she said to Xu Mao: “You will enter the palace as usual. I will also be going into the palace. If there is anything that happens, I will keep my eyes open. You don’t need to worry.”

Xu Mao could tell that there was something at hand, and he could not help but get nervous: “Boss means to say that there is indeed someone following this lowly one? Will there be someone to try and silence me?”

Feng Yu Heng laughed but did not respond. Instead, she asked: “Are you afraid?”

Xu Mao was an obedient person and immediately nodded: “I am. Who isn’t afraid of being killed? But it’s not as though I am so afraid that I don’t dare go out. Since this lowly dared to come to the Yu Palace to report to boss about these things, I thought that Sun Qi might retaliate. Cousin Lin had once said that we are boss’ people. Helping boss with things, regardless of how much danger, as long as Boss is around, there’s no need for us to worry. Boss will protect us.”

These words caused Huang Quan to laugh, “That brat Wang Lin is the sharpest. Back when he was promoted to shopkeeper, he looked to be quite clever, but he spoke the truth.”

Feng Yu Heng nodded: “Your cousin Lin is right. As long as I am around, I definitely will not allow my people to suffer any losses. You can be at ease and stay in the Yu Palace. You’ve made a contribution with this matter. From this day forward, there will be no shortage of rewards for you.”

After this discussion was concluded, Xuan Tian Ming happened to come back. Xu Mao quickly kneeled to kowtow in horror; however, he heard Feng Yu Heng say to Xuan Tian Ming: “I will need to trouble husband with a matter tomorrow in court. I have already drafted up a plan for how to treat Concubine Liu’s illness and would like to invite His Majesty to make an appearance. Have every member of the Liu family enter the palace and head over to An Ju Palace! We will announce this method in front of Concubine Liu!”

----
Bhahaha my hypothesis will soon be proven...🤣🤣🤣🤣✌️🙈

Not My Story!