Tokyo trip

'Ahem... Nobunaga?'

'What do you want?' He grumbled without glancing up from the newspaper.

'Apparently, all the fashion bloggers at the magazine have died in some kind of horrendous fashion disaster, because my boss wants me, of all the people, to attend a fashion show in Tokyo. She said I can bring one plus. Soooo...'

'So what?' He folded the newspaper in half and put it down.

'The event will be in the evening so we... I mean Tokyo is rather spectacular and huge and there are lots of things to see and try... I just thought we could... I mean I thought you would...' I was stuttering like a shy schoolgirl. I took a deep breath, gathered my thoughts and spat is out. 'Would you like to come with me?'

No reaction.

'It's totally fine if you don't feel like coming. I won't get mad or anything.' I got embarrassed. I'm an idiot...

He burst out laughing and it made things even worse. Now, my whole face was burning. When he got his share of laughs at my expense, he answered. 'I'll accompany you.'

Jesus... Why was it so hard?

...

We got to Tokyo early in the morning on the day of the fashion show. We got a room in a fancy downtown hotel near the venue.

'Whoa!' My jaw dropped. 'There must be a mistake. This is not a room... They've booked us a big ass suite!'

'Big ass?' Nobunaga looked confused.

'This place is frickin' huuuuge!'

I ran around and explored everything. Everything was shiny and polished and elegant. There were big vases with fresh flowers in the sitting room. We got a fruit basket too. The bathroom was really posh as well with a free standing tub and a glass shower cabin. In the bedroom there was a floor to ceiling window and a queen size bed looking over a park. It was so exclusive.

'What are those?' Nobunaga motioned with his head toward the two large boxes on the bed.

'We are going to a contemporary kimono fashion show. The designer is a genius but he is really extravagant. So, tonight there won't be any models at the show but instead, the guests will be wearing his newest creations.'

'I see. Very eccentric indeed.' He nodded. 'Shall we go and explore the city now?'

...

The kimono I got was breathtaking. It was very light grey, almost white, with black and grey spider lilies and lotus flowers on it. It reminded me of Carrara marble. It was way too refined and elegant for me. I almost felt like I committed a crime of blasphemy when I put it on. My mom had taught me how to put on a traditional kimono but that was ages ago and I was way too clumsy. I even looked up a tutorial online but no matter what I tried, I looked like a hot mess tied with a bow.

'Nobunaga, can you help me?' I called his name in despair.

'What's wrong?' He appeared at the bathroom door. When he saw me, he chuckled. 'I see the problem now. Turn around!'

I turned around, facing the mirror. He stepped behind me and took the kimono off me. I was standing there wearing only the inner layer of the kimono, so basically, in undergarment. Although it covered me completely, I still felt self-conscious.

'Put up your hair!'

I gathered my hair and twisted it up into a bun. Suddenly, he glided his finger along the back of my neck, sending a shiver down my spine. I gasped. He pulled back the collar revealing my nape. He adjusted the under kimono on me and I felt his strong body against mine. Then he carefully put the delicate kimono on me. He smoothed out the fabric on me and his gentle touch left me tingling all over my body.