Chapter Twenty-Two

A/N: For those who don't follow me and didn't get the message the fourth and last book of The Undercover Saga will be called, Getting Caught Undercover! Anyways,

Enjoyyy . . .

----------------------
Claire's POV•

" I should have all of your essays back to you by next week." My dad said looking around the classroom." I hope those of you who didn't do the assignment get it in by our next class."

" You're all dismissed." He said after checking his watch. Standing up from the old creaky desk I looked over at Nick who was already heading my way.

" I have to get to my next class. I'll see you later." Nathan said and I nodded giving him a quick hug. Nick and I exited the classroom not exchanging a word at first.

" I feel like shit." He said once we got out of the building." Caiden hasn't talked to me in a week after the whole Waffle House situation." Nick said running his hand through his dirty blonde hair. My thoughts ran back to Halloween at the park after Caiden and I, released our embrace.

No words were shared between us and to most it probably looked awkward as we just stared at each other in the middle of a path in the park. My thumb lightly wiped the remaining tears on his cheeks making him jump as if the just the touch was foreign. Right as I was about to remove my thumb he grabbed my hand placing my whole palm on his cheek. I didn't hide my surprise and instead spoke on it," What are you doing?" I mumbled my voice soft, almost as if I was afraid to break the silence.

" Tomorrow I'll go back to hating you but right now I'll enjoy the f*cking comfort." He said his eyes no longer the coldness and hostility. Instead the beautiful colors turned soft. I felt as if I just watched his facade - his wall drop.

" Why don't we go back and finish eating?" I suggested and almost automatically he became defensive again and removed his hand.

" I'd rather go to hell."

Perfectly good food going to waste.Why do they always take it out on the food?

Ignoring my self conscious I sighed and headed towards the bench. I didn't look having a feeling he would follow.

I picked a flower that was next to bench letting a small smile appear on my face as I looked at the long white petals and and the yellow middle. It was innocence, happiness and purity all in one flower.

" Whenever I see a daisy I always think about my childhood." I said aloud twirling the flower with my finger tips. Not once taking my eyes off of it.

"Why?" I could feel his eyes burning the side of my face but I still didn't look up.

" A daisy represents innocence, purity and your childhood. I remember when I was fourteen and had what I thought was my first love. I found a meadow not to far from here and all there was were daisies. Everywhere you turned you would see white and yellow. I would go there after school and just picked the petals. " I grinned at the memory causing a small chuckle to come from Caiden. My eyes snapped to his watching as he rubbed his chin making me notice the small prickles of hair.

" So you were one of those little school girls, " He said smirking. It was weird seeing his smirk not look so threatening. "He loves me, he loves me not." He mocked at the end making my jaw drop. I smacked his hard chest huffing.

Definitely a six pack underneath that grey shirt.

" I was not! I just liked picking the petals."

" Yea and I like going dress shopping." He said sarcastically.

" Whatever." I say playfully glaring at him.