Chapter Twenty-Eight

•Claire's POV•

I hesitantly sat up on the bed and glanced around the familiar room. I was in. I looked to my left to see the bed was empty besides me. The covers were messy so I knew Caiden slept in here again with me. I checked the time on phone to see it was already noon. That explains why he's not in here.

Yea, because he's not a lazy ass like you.

Don't hate.

I peeled the covers off of me and grabbed my clothes and headed in the bathroom. A minute later a knock on the door sounded," Babydoll you in there?" Caiden's gruff voice asked and I nodded. "Hello?" Oh right. " Yea, I'm gonna take a shower. Do you have an extra towel?" I yelled back as I turned on the water.

"Yea, give me a minute." The opposite side of the door became silent so I got in, shutting the glass door and letting the warm water make it's way down my body. I heard the door open and gasped.

"What are you doing in here?" I hissed over the sound of the water.

"You said you needed a towel." I could picture the smirk on his face and only rolled my eyes keeping my back facing the door of the shower. I knew it was almost pointless to face the opposite way since he had one of those tall see through glass showers, but I still did it anyway.

"Just set it down and leave." I told him over the sound of the water.

"You know I need to shower too. I could always join you."

" Okay." I responded.

"What?"

"You said you could always join me, well go ahead." I told him and I could hear the surprise in his voice,

"Really?"

"No. Now get out." He chuckled and left the bathroom, purposely turning off the lights on his way out.

"You're an ass." I yelled.

"Get use to it babydoll." He yelled back. I hurried up and finished my shower in five minutes. As soon as I stepped out and wrapped a towel around me I turned the lights back on. I was thankful that I was never one to be afraid of the dark, but that didn't change the fact that it's creepy

"You're phones ringing." Caiden said just walking into the bathroom with my phone in his hand. I glared at him and snatched it from his palm.

"Do you believe in knocking?" He simply scoffed still not leaving.

"It's my apartment." I took a deep breath, don't punch him, don't punch him don't pun - "Unless you want to take another shower and this time with me I'd get out." I grabbed my pile of clothes and stormed out of the bathroom, my shoulder bumping with his.

He shut the door behind me, not before winking of course. I checked my phone and seen it was a missed call from West. Glancing at the closed door I clicked on the call button on his contact.

"Hey yogurt girl." West said and I smiled instantly at the nickname.

"Hey West." I responded.

"I was wondering if you wanted to do something today. Maybe go ice skating or something?" He suggested and I thought about it for a moment, my eyes glancing at the bathroom door.

"Sure. What time?" I asked, biting my lip.

"How about at six? We could get some dinner before if you'd like."

" Yeah, that sounds good." I responded, holding the phone up with my shoulder and ear while I changed. I slipped on my undergarments before I put on my light blue skinny jeans and dark red shirt. Leaving my black leather jacket off for my now I focused on the conversation again.