Dynamic Lunch

Amber and Joey entered the school campus and immediately went to their homeroom. Joey was in the same homeroom but his locker was far away so it should have been obvious that he was a new student.
How did I not notice these little things?

After homeroom, Joey and Amber separated to get to their other classes.

"Tell me if you find something suspicious around here."

"Got it. Bye Amber."

"Bye."

They both waved goodbye and parted ways.
Ugh, I don't want to go to English.
Amber slouched to her desk and sat with a great sigh. She looked around her English class and noticed the girl she bumped into the other day.

I didn't know she was in my English class. Now that I think about it, I never really paid attention to my classmates. 

She had short brown hair and bright teal eyes. She wore hair clips and always looked down at her paper or the floor. She never talked but when she got called on in class she would talk in mumbles.

Should I talk to her more and apologize for what happened. My apology last time was half-assed since I was in a rush.

Amber's thoughts were interrupted when she saw her walk towards her. She approached Amber but her head was still lowered.

"Sorry for being in your way in the hallway," she said.

"Oh, it's ok. Um... don't worry about it. I should apologize to you."

"Don't!" She added in quickly but silently. "I mean..." she mumbled other words that Amber could not understand.

"Um. Sorry. I didn't understand what you said." Amber looked embarrassed by saying that.

"Never, mind," the girl mumbled under her breath. "What's your name?"

"Did you ask me for my name? It's Amber. What about you?" Amber watched as she walked away to her desk to write in a notebook.

Um ok?
Amber blinked with confusion.

Amber and Joey sat down at the lunch table and started eating. Leila appeared and wedged herself next to Amber.

"I'm sitting here," she said out loud.

Joey clenched his teeth and looked up to eye Leila.

Leila linked arms with Amber and pulled her in closer.

Amber could sense the change in dynamics at her lunch table.

Joey dramatically slammed his hands on the table, pushing it closer towards Leila. Leila pulled Amber in closer to the point where Amber was sitting on her lap. Leila started to drool with pleasure.

"Ok, that's enough." Amber got up from Leila and pushed the table back to normal. "We don't want to cause a scene."

"Why the hell does she have to sit here. Everything was fine when it was just us two."

"I don't want to hear it, Joey." Amber's gaze was like a dagger to his heart.

Leila grinned with satisfaction.

"Leila, I can easily kick you out of my life so make wise decisions right now."

Leila immediately stopped grinning. She looked more serious and less immature.

"Hm, you know what I can do."
Amber moved Leila on the other side of the table and sat her next to Joey. Amber sat back down and stretched her legs out on the rest of the bench. She stared across at them in a mocking way.

"There, much better."

Leila and Joey shook with frustration as they sat next to each other. They started to foam in the mouth as they resisted fighting. They reminded Amber of two mangled dogs that would break out in a fight any second.

Joey and Leila scooted the furthest away from each other. With their backs turned, they both sat at the edges of the bench chair. They were both silent but uneasy.

"Pfff. You guys are more in common than you think," said Amber with a snicker.

Amber continued to eat her lunch while Joey and Leila calmed down a little bit.

"So, did any of you guys find out anything suspicious around here."

"Not that I know of. No," said Leila.

"I heard something going on about werewolves." Joey taped his fingers with irritation. "Something's been bothering me about that. I notice your culture has this whole "vampire vs werewolf" thing. I just.. would like to know who you think would win." Joey smiled awkwardly.

"The werewolf," said Leila with an immature smile.

"Was I asking you?" Said Joey with disgust. "What's your opinion, Amber?"

"Oh please don't rope me into this bullshit. Let's see, the vampires in our culture are different so the same could go for a werewolf. I never met one and I don't know if I want to in the first place. So my conclusion is no answer. Don't let it get to you. Why, what's your answer?"

"I have no idea. I never met a werewolf either. They come from a different region where I'm from." Joey wasn't bothered by it anymore when he heard Amber's answer.

"So, tell me more about what's going on with the werewolves," said Amber.

"I only said that so I can see what your opinion was." Joey hid his gratitude and replaced it with laughter.

"So both of you don't have any information?" Questioned Amber.

"Yeah sorry."
"Didn't get any info either."

They both shrugged but felt guilty.

"It's fine. I'm not going to punish you or anything. So far though, we aren't finding the trouble but the trouble is finding us. I'm keeping my eye on someone." Amber suspiciously looked around to make sure nobody was listening.

"Who?" Asked Joey and Leila at the same time.

They both stared at each other with frustration after they both spoke.

Amber couldn't help but laugh at them.
They are so curious but they are also dumb. I hope their anger towards each other won't mess with my plans. 

"I don't think we should talk here though. You never know who could be listening." Amber looked around at the whole cafeteria. Everyone was having a conversation but she still felt uneasy.

"You're right. We are going to have to discuss things after school." Joey also looked around, keeping an eye out for suspicious people.

"Who's house should we have the next meeting at?" Before Amber could continue saying more, Joey and Leila quickly reply.

"Not mine!"
"Yours!"