Black Eye

Amber and Joey arrive at campus together but there was still tension between the two. Amber had baggy eyes while Joey looked pale with a wiry mouth.

"I hope things are better now. I don't like seeing you like this," Said Joey.
Amber turned her head slightly towards him.

"There is nothing you can do about it when I can't do anything about it. Don't worry about me I'm fine, in fact you should stay away from me. I don't want you to get hurt. I've already hurt you enough."

Amber felt a jolt in her heart, saying those last words.
I rather lose him as a friend then have him lose is life.
Joey grabbed her arm before she could get away.

"No. Your going through a lot right now. The thing you need most is a friend by your side. Listen to me, things will get better, I promise. I respect you and your decision for not telling me what's going on and I haven't bugged you about it but I still want to help you. I'll give you your space but that doesn't mean we aren't friends." Joey let go of her arm and walked off.
Amber stood there with her head down.

It started to drizzle but couldn't outmatch Amber's tears.
Joey, you're so stubborn. Why do I got to live like this, why do I have to suffer.
Amber opened the glass doors that led to the main hallway in her school. Her eyes started to twitch as she finally took her eyes off the ground and looked ahead. She spotted the beauty club members in front of her once again. They limped around, some wearing crutches while others had bandages over their heads and arms. Negemi, the club leader, had a black eye and puffy swollen lips.
What happened? How can someone so strong, a killer, be easily beaten up. They got what they deserved at least. What could have done that to them?

Amber watched the people around them walk past like they weren't injured at all. Nobody even asked them questions. It was like a normal day at a normal school with normal classmates.
It's probably some type of magic thing. The whole school would question and stare them down if it wasn't for their manipulation. I'm sorry I couldn't do anything Natalie.

Amber knew she was staring too long which made her stand out from the rest. For a quick second Negemi and Amber locked eyes. Her heart lurched forward and she turned the corner in a panic. She raced to her locker, rushing for the next class.

Around lunch, Joey and Amber got together like usual. They were both acting neutral, trying to pretend like the conversation earlier didn't exist. Joey could tell that Amber was feeling just a little bit better. She didn't look sad when she was talking to him. Amber felt a little bit of relief knowing that her friend's killers got their butts kicked but she still mourned Natalie. She looked up at Joey and spoke in a great full tone.

"Thank you for being there for me."

"I see you've been looking happier." He smiled.

"Not really. I feel like I'm suffering. I feel hopeless."

Joey thought for a second before he spoke.
"Don't we all."

Amber glanced at the yellow scrunchy.
Little did he know.

Amber stumbled over to her desk and sat down with her back slouching.
Who could have done it? Who could have injured a dirmagroth?
Amber gazed over all the kids in her math class. Narrowing her eyebrows, she spotted Leila. Why have I not thought about her before. She probably has good information.

"Leila, my house, after school kay!"
Leila turned around immediately.

"Miss me already?" She said in a flirtatious way.

Amber clinched up her fist and was about to yell at her but Mrs. Fernandez came in and shut the whole class up. Leila quickly turned back to face the front of the classroom.
That little... why did I invite her to my house.

Amber sat in her room thinking of questions to ask Leila.
Where should I start. I have so much to say.
She was pacing back and fourth in her room as she fiddled with her phone.
Should I text her again, just to confirm. I don't think I made it clear enough that she HAS to come. I mean she didn't say she was coming. She didn't say she wasn't either. What if she doesn't show. She might be busy. No she probably doesn't do anything with her life.

Right as Amber started thinking about her, there was a knock on the door.

"So you've finally decided that you love me!" Leila jumped on Amber and rubbed up against her giving a tight hug.
"No I never said -

"And you want to be in an intimate relationship with me!"

"NO. Stop."
Amber slowly shoved away Leila and kept her hand out to block her clinginess.

"Ok fine." Leila sighed.
"So what do you need me here for? You need me as kissing practice!" She puckered out her lips and leaned forward to Amber.

"I said stop." With annoyance, she rolled her eyes.

"You ruin all the fun." Leila got all serious and made her way upstairs.

How long can I handle a succubus.

Leila opened the door and paused for a couple of seconds.

"Whoa. What happened to your room?"

"What do you mean."

"How is your room messier than mine? Mine is extremely bad. Last time I was here it was so clean. It's like they are totally different rooms."

"I usually keep my room clean but I kind of lost it this week sooo."

Leila went around looking at random scratch paper with writing taped to the walls. She pulled one off the wall and tried to read it but Amber snatched it away and put it back.

"I don't have a quirk board so this is the closest thing I got."

Leila eventually made her way to the love chair and plopped down, stretching her arms.

"So what is it?" Asked Leila.