Chapter 66 - Required Reading

Start from the beginning

Kira hands over the copies of the book she had made and I help her lay them on the coffee table so everyone can grab one easily.

Everyone slowly moves into the room with us and look at the books hesitantly while a ominous vibe falls on the room around us.

"My mom's book club usually has more wine" Lydia quips and I chuckle lightly bumping my shoulder with hers, earning her to smile as she lays her head on my shoulder and links her arm through mine.

Stiles shrugs on the other side of me "Well, they also probably didn't read books that cause violent hallucinations."

"That's why Malia's here," Scott fills in and smiles over towards her, which she returns before Kira offers "So none of us go running into traffic?"

"Or worse," I digress and Malia nods, looking down towards the table, absentmindedly digressing "Like what happened to Judy."

We all share a look with her wondering who the fuck Judy is, Malia notices and nods her head to the side as she fills in "Chapter fourteen" ah great something to look forward to

Lydia sighs as she unlinks her arm with mine and bends forward, grabbing the hardcopy of the book as she stands back up straight "Maybe I should have my mother read it. She might remember a girl with a tail leaping off the ceiling and attacking everyone."

"Yeah, if it works." Stiles sighs like that's a high possibility I mean we are only going off of Valack's ramblings that this will work

"It has to." I mutter just above a whisper and gain the eyes of everyone.

Scott shakes his head softly as he looks over to me "What's that mean supposed to mean?"

I look between him and Stiles as I answer him "I don't think it was a dream Scotty, I think I really saw them during my surgery. When I look at the cover of the book... It's almost like..."

"A memory trying to surface," Theo offers and I look up, connecting my gaze with him as I nod reluctantly "Yeah."

Kira makes a noise, gaining my attention as she asks, "Isn't that what Valack wanted when he wrote it?"

I clear my throat and reach down to grab one of the copies of the book "If they did something to me, I want to know what it is."

⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋆⋇⋆⋇

A couple hours later Stiles and I are camped out in the kitchen working our way through the book.

Needing a break, I get to work making some coffee for us and get a tally for who in the living room would like some.

I walk over to the cabinets and open the coffee mug cupboard grabbing three more mugs, "That's a yes for Lyds, Mal and Theo."

"Who's here why?" Stiles grumbles behind me at the counter he's sitting at.

I smile into the cupboard before closing it and walking over to grab the coffee pot, sharing a smirk with his raised brows "We need all the help we could get? I don't know Scott invited him."

"So Malia was with him when her memory triggered?" Stiles questions and I nod "Yea, he was helping her learn how to drive–"

"Again– why was she with him?" Stiles interrupts and I chuckle while pouring the liquid "He gave her a ride home so she didn't have to ride the bus while we were all at Eichen."