-Chapter Twenty One-

{Todoroki}

The first flash of lightning appeared shortly after they'd finished their movie, illuminating the nearly pitch-black sky. More bursts of light followed, bringing joy to the two boys watching happily from the safety of their fort.

At some point during the movie, the two of them moved closer to each other, legs tangled together and arms latched together. Midoriya rested his head on Todoroki's chest, soothed by the gentle motion of his breathing.

A small smile crossed Todoroki's face as he gazed at the boy beside him, awe and wonder trapped in those magnificent green eyes. They were slowly but surely regaining their sparkle.

Midoriya stared up at the sky, marveling over the lightning. No matter how hard he tried, Todoroki couldn't tear his gaze away from his adorable face.

Midoriya seemed to notice he was being watched because he shifted to meet Todoroki's gaze. Todoroki felt the corners of his lips curl into a small smile.

Midoriya smiled in return before turning around to watch the storm again. Todoroki began to run his hand through the other's hair, enjoying the silky smooth texture of it.

"Shouto," Todoroki mumbled, breaking the silence. Midoriya turned a little bit to see the taller male, confusion displayed on his face.

"Pardon?"

"Call me Shouto," he repeated, his cheeks dusted a light shade of pink. The smaller boy hesitated before responding.

"Then... you can call me Izuku!"

Todoroki smiled to himself, repeating the name under his breath. He enjoyed the way it rolled off his tongue so easily. 

A few hours went by, with the storm still raging on. Todoroki felt his eyelids growing heavier with each passing minute. He assumed Midoriya had fallen asleep, as his breathing had evened out.

The taller male leaned forward, pressing a soft kiss against Midoriya's forehead. 

"Goodnight, Izuku," he whispered, laying back down.

"Goodnight Shouto."