Chapter two

Iris's POV:

I woke up to the flight attendant saying our plane is about to land and that we needed to buckle up. Since I was in a comfortable position in my seat, I didn't have my seatbelt on. So, I put it on and looked out the window to see the green grass and the sight of buildings and highways.

After, the plane landed we were excused to get our luggage and go through security. As we were walking out the gate, I was thinking about what my life in NJ is going to be like. I might actually finds some friends that I can get close to. I'm going to have fun here.

I was getting so lost in my thoughts, that I didn't notice there was a guy that was in my way. *umph* I fell to the ground as I collided with his body. "Watch it," he said as he walked away. 'That was rude' I thought to myself as I started to pick up my bag.

We had gotten through security and we got our luggage so now we are on our way to our new house. "Isn't this exciting?" My mom asked. "Very," I looked out the window and saw that we had made it here. "Well here we are," my dad said as he put the car in park.

It was a beautiful house that had really green grass on the lawn. The outside of the house was a white brick and the stairs to the door were cobbled. On the inside it had a big opening with a staircase that lead to the 2nd floor.

 On the inside it had a big opening with a staircase that lead to the 2nd floor

"Wow, this looks amazing," I said in awe. "Isn't it?" We continued throughout the house to look for our rooms and explore. I went to a suppose room that is mine and plopped down on the bed that was already there. I start scrolling through my Instagram and see all of my friends back at Texas post, they were all memes and stuff.

Eventually, I decided to take a walk around the neighborhood to get a better look at NJ. "Bye, mom and dad I'm going to take a walk outside! I'll be back in a bit!" I shout as I close the front door and start walking.

The neighborhood is so calm right now since, I assume everyone is at school. It looks like I will have a good time here. As I'm walking, I can feel the breeze hitting my face and I see dogs playing outside as their owners try to get them inside. But there was this one guy who caught my attention. He came outside and oh god he is so fucking hot.

I try not to stare at him and walked away. But out of nowhere he shouted "Ay you! Come here," i looked around. 'Is he talking to me' I thought. He started to walk towards me and I was confused. "I said come here, and yes I'm talking to you," he said stopping right in front of me.

"Oh, I thought you were talking to somebody else," I said very dumbly. "Who else would I be talking to?" He replied in a annoyed tone. "Idk," I looked down as he said something about how he needed help. "So, can you?" He said snapping me out of my thoughts. "Can I what?" He sighs "you don't listen, do you?"

"I said could you help me get something into my house." He said. "Sure," i guess I could try and make friends with him.

He leads me to his car and grabs something. As he was doing that, I checked him out. He had fluffy brown hair and he has nice biceps that flex when he picked the thing up. He has brown eyes that are like chocolate and he is really tan.

Clearing of a throat caught my attention. I looked up and saw he was holding a box and smirking at me. "Here you go once you are done checking me out," he said putting down the box.

"I wasn't checking you out but ok," I deny and pick up the box. "Sure, sweetheart," he said and pointed in the direction of where I need to put the box down. I walk inside the house and see that he didn't just move in like I assumed but Ig someone else was moving in.

I dropped the box and ask "btw what's your name?". "Mattia, and you?" He asks smiling at me,"iris." We continued unloading more boxes until everything was out of the car.

"Thank you for helping me unpack all of this shit, it would've taken me forever to take all of it out," he says as he plops down on the couch with a bottle of water. "It's no problem, I think I should be going by now." I start walking out of the house when I hear my name being called. "Hey iris! Do you want to hang out tomorrow and I can show you around?"

I look at him and think about it, well I kinda have to unpack some of my stuff tomorrow so maybe after. I think about it and say "sure, but I have to unpack some of my stuff first," "are you one of the people that just moved in to the neighborhood," he asks." Yup that's me," I reply with a shrug.

"Are you gonna go to the high school that's just by here?" He asks. "Yes. Do you go there?" "Yes, so maybe I can show you around," he says . "That'll be great I'll see you later," I say as I walk out. "Bye, iris," he says as he closes the door behind me.

I felt this weird feeling in the pit of my stomach as I'm walking to my house. Do I like him? He's cool I guess. I shrug it off as I continue to walk to my house.

I open the door and close it as my mom walks in to see me. "Hey honey, how was your walk?" She says as she comes to hug me. "It was good, oh and there was this boy that needed help and so I helped him put boxes into his house and we talked," I say pulling away. "Be careful with him honey, you remember the last time you did that."

She's talking about one time when I helped out a boy with packing stuff in his house and he hurt me. I don't know why I trusted mattia today but I guess I just took the risk. There is something about mattia that makes me feel safe around him.

"I know mom, I will but I felt safe," I reply while heading upstairs. "Ok honey, I'm just trying to make sure you are safe and happy." She says as she goes into the kitchen to unpack some of the groceries she picked up from the store.

"Goodnight mom, I'm going to unpack some of my stuff," I say as I get upstairs. "Goodnight, I love you!" She shouts from downstairs. I shut my door and start to put my sheets and stuff on to my bed. I also put my clothes in my drawers and my closet.

I pick an outfit and get ready to go to bed. As I got comfortable in my bed, I grabbed my phone and went to Instagram. I go to my explorer page and look for him. Searching up his first name I started scrolling through the names and saw him. Clicking on it, I knew it was him and followed him. And literally the next second he followed me. 'What the fuck how did he do that so fast' I thought to myself. He also sent me a Dm.

I opened it and here is what he said:
Mattia: is this iris?
I responded:
Iris: yes
Mattia; oh that's cool, do you know what time we are going to hang out tomorrow?
Iris: prob around 3?
Mattia: sounds good to me
Iris: ok see you then

And with that I got out of my Instagram and started to feel my eyes droop. The last thing I thought about before letting sleep take over was how tomorrow would be like.