9

'Okay Y/n you're in the same room with the same gems that shattered your mother, what could possibly go wrong?' I thought.

I turned around to face them. Though I held a calm expression my heart was beating like crazy.

The Crystal Gems didn't hesitate to summon their weapons but their Pearl stared at me in shock, probably noticing the other gems had their weapons out she pulled out her weapon.

I to summon my sword.

"Look I'm not here to pick a fight" I told them.

Before the Crystal Gems could attack me Steven stood in front of them.

"Guys stop! Y/n is a friend, she helped me escape from Homeworld and she a half gem just like me" He explained.

The Crystal Gems looked at each other, still, no convinced.

"But Steven! She's a DIAMOND!" Amethyst yelled.

"Right Pearl?" She asked.

Pearl had her hand in her chin as if she was thinking.

"I... I don't know" She whispered.

"I understand if you don't want me here- I get it but I have nowhere else to go. Since my mother is gone, Yellow and Blue have treated me as I'm some delicate flower that needs to be kept in some glass dome and- and I hate it. Please let me stay here?" I begged, hoping they will agree.

Garnet walked up to me and place her hand on my shoulder, her weapons long gone.
Looked up to her.

"Y/n. After hearing your story I have decided you have shown a lot of courage by going again the other Diamonds and for that not only are you allow stay here but you have now apart of... The Crystal Gems!" She told me.

No one in the room was more surprised than me.

Just like that, I've become a member of the Crystal Gems, did she really trust me so easily?
I know these gems shattered my mother but there two sides if this story and I'm willing the hear this one.

Steven then jumped to hug me at first I was startled struggling a bit but i regain my balance and hugged him back.

"Oh my gosh! I can't believe you get to stay" Steven said.

There is was. That fluffy feeling in my heart.

I smiled.

"Me too" I said softly.

Later on the Crystal Gems offered me to sleep on the couch with I was grateful for, they told me how they might be able to build me a bedroom.

I thanked them and Pearl handed me a blanket to sleep with.

'Now why does this Pearl seem so familiar?' I thought.

I still think Amethyst wants to bubble me still but hopefully, she could warm up to me.
I laid on the couch and wrapped my myself wanting to go and sleep with I saw Steven in his nightwear in front of me.

I arched an eyebrow.

"Can I help you with anything Steven?" I asked yawning a bit.

Steven looked at the floor in what seems to be embarrassment.

"I um wanted to know if I could sleep with you- cause i don't want anything to happen to you and- and"
I chuckled at Steven's adorable stated.

"Sure"

Steven smiled and came on the couch with me.

"Hey- I know this might sound weird but for some reason, I feel really close to you like a sisterly" He told me.

"I feel the same way like i just want to-"

"-protect you no matter the case" Steven finished my sentence.

"Exactly" I whispered.

I could hear soft snores coming from Steven.

I wasn't quite to sure what tomorrow has in store for me but i know now that I'm not going to face it alone.

*3rd POV*

While Y/n and Steven fell asleep together Pearl had tears in her eyes. She placed her hand on her mouth as she lead against a wall and slowly fell down to the ground.

'I can't believe it really her. After all these years, she here'

Tears freely rolled down her cheeks.

'What am I going to do now?'