"zach herron, right?" jonah asked when he saw that the brunet boy had decided not to introduce himself.

zach wasn't surprised to see that jonah knew his name. zach was also popular in his school, he was in the school newspaper and his column was the most read. the best gossip articles where all his. what zach didn't know was that jonah didn't read the school newspaper and that he didn't know him because of that but because he had received a letter of cupid with his name written on it. so zach simply nodded, carefully watching every gesture that jonah marais made.

"i didn't know you were coming to the party." the older boy spoke again when he saw that zach didn't seem to want to talk to him.

"it's a party, of course i have to come. although i didn't know that you were interested in whether i came or not." replied the brunet boy frowning. zach was avoiding smiling at the charms of jonah marais and was beginning to understand why everyone loved him.

that boy looked like a sexual god and the kindest person in the universe at the same time.

"of course i'm interested." jonah answered without taking his smile away and subtly placing his hand on zach's shoulder. "i've been chasing you for weeks."

that was a big lie, he received the first letter on monday and the second on friday when he found it in his locker of the boys' locker room. jonah was trying to fulfill what the letter asked. he had to get zach to agree to go on a date with him.

jonah had never had trouble asking people to have dates with him, he knew that everyone loved him. what he didn't know is that zach cared more about his best friend, daniel, who was in love with jonah, than the radiant smile of the green-eyed boy.

"should i report you, stalker?" zach asked with a joking tone.

jonah laughed next to him. "if you report me, i couldn't invite you to dinner."

zach blinked perplexed. he thought that all that conversation was a joke, not an attempt to flirt. among all the things that could happen at the party and the ones that zach had imagined, this wasn't one.

he knew that jonah used to conquer the whole students with a simple smile but not that he would try it with him.

"are you inviting me on a date, marais?"

jonah smiled sideways. "you know my last name, herron. in the end the stalker is going to be you."

"wrong, marais isn't your last name, it's your middle name." said the brunette involuntarily without thinking about his words.

"that makes you more stalker, dean." jonah replied raising his eyebrow with a somewhat joking look.

any boy would have made fun of zach knowing that he could know anything about him, but not jonah. jonah had made them tied by calling him by his middle name.

zach couldn't help smiling. jonah did know how to make someone feel good about himself.

it was easy to fantasize about him.

"i'll go if you let me take someone with me." zach said suddenly.

jonah frowned for a moment as he felt lost in the conversation and then remembered that he had just asked him out. "if you bring someone it would stop being a date."