zach was sitting on a couch talking to gabbie about the latest rumors they knew about high school students. he had tired of looking for corbyn and decided to have a good time. besides, he liked games and wanted daniel to follow the rules of the game and to conquer corbyn without help.

daniel had been chosen for some reason, zach thought.

"there was a fight today, here." said the curly-haired girl sipping her beer bottle and then licking her lips.

"what? when? why? and how did i miss it? "asked zach, opening his eyes and waiting for the curly-haired girl to explain everything. in detail.

"it hasn't lasted long. it has been eben that has lost control yelling at your friend, jonah went to defend her and then eben has ended up beating corbyn. someone had to take eben away because he was about to kill corbyn. though corbyn didn't have a bad night because someone told me he's making up with someone in the kitchen."gabbie said with a small laugh, gabbie had a melodious smile but zach couldn't concentrate on her while the words your friend roamed his mind.

zach had stopped listening after the second sentence. "my friend?" he asked hoping someone was among all his friends and not margo. he knew that margo didn't deserve to suffer more for the bastard of eben. and he thought that after eben's invitation to the party, there was a small chance that eben would stop treating her badly.

but no, eben was still an asshole.

"margo, the freckled girl. she is your friend, isn't she? "

zach felt his heart stop for a second. she warned me, the brunet boy remembered. she didn't want to be alone. he must have been with her. zach felt terrible to realize that everything had been an eben trap, fucking eben who can't stop making margo's life worst. she didn't even want to stay.

the brunet boy got up from his chair to go find her. "do you know where she is?"

gabbie shook her head. "no, sorry."

"she's gone." said a voice that zach knew. and despite standing, the youngest had to look up to meet some kind green eyes. "i couldn't stop her, but i guess i wasn't going to convince her to stay. the best thing for her was to leave, eben wasn't going to calm down."

zach remembered hearing jonah's name in the fight that gabbie had said. he looked down to talk to the curly haired girl again but gabbie was gone.

"by the way, i'm jonah." said the tall boy stretching his hand towards zach and attracting the attention of the short boy again.

zach knew who he was. everyone knew who he was. jonah was loved and known throughout the whole high school. and zach had been trying to find a bad rumor about him for a long time, something that broke his image of a perfect boy because he was fed up of daniel drooling for someone who wasn't interested in him. because jonah would never want daniel the way daniel wanted him, and zach knew that.

daniel just need some distraction so he doesn't have to think about jonah, though zach. corbyn would be his distraction.

"i know." zach replied trying not to sound rude. jonah had never done anything wrong to him. well, according to zach sources, jonah had never done anything wrong to anyone.