t w e n t y s i x

Melissa's POV

I looked down at Kylan as he stared at me, struggling to keep his eyes open

I looked down at Kylan as he stared at me, struggling to keep his eyes open. His father was just holding him a few minutes ago, and now he's strapped in handcuffs. "It's gonna be okay Ky, Daddy will be home soon. I promise" I cooed at him. As Kylan's eyes closed, he flashed his dimples at me one last time. A tear fell from my eyes as I stared at him. He looked so much like James it was horrific. This perfect little human that James and I made during our tumultuous time together, I can't help but think that it was all worth it, just staring at our son. He looks like he was made out of love.

I sighed and got comfortable in the bed, struggling to get comfortable I felt a sharp pain in my leg

A few moments later the nurse came in to check on me. "How are we doing mama?" she asked. "I'm fine, just a little pain. Kylan is sound asleep" I said simply. "The pain will wear off. I can get you some more meds for the time being" she replied. I sighed and looked away, "When can I leave? I miss my husband" I said lowly. "Three more days, you just had a c-section. We want to make sure that everything is healing properly" she said in a comforting voice. I sighed in frustration, she smiled at me before leaving. "I'll be back with your meds, don't worry." She said.

I looked down at Kylan and leaned over to grab my phone. I was about to check my messages when I received a call. Accepting the charges, I answered and it was James. "Baby! I'm.. so sorry. How's Kylan?" he asked in a panic. I gulped really hard and tears welled up in my eyes. "Melissa?" Are you there?" James questioned. "I'm...." my voice trailed off. "Baby I'm gonna be out soon, just sit tight, I've already called my lawyer." He said. "I... can't wait that long. I need you here!" I managed to yell, causing Kylan to stir in his sleep. 

"Melissa, don't worry about me. I'm so sorry. I'll be home, you know I love you. I miss my son so much. Is anyone there with you?" James asked. "No, it's just me. I wanna go home" I cried. "Baby, you gotta heal, Kylan just got here like five minutes ago" he chimed. "And so did you! He didn't get to spend any time with you" I began to cry heavily. "Baby, calm down. I promise I'll be back. I just wanted to make sure you were okay. I'll be back before you know it. I have to go" James said. "I love you" I said lowly before the phone hung up.