e i g h t

Melissa's POV

Making sure Dre was gone, the doctor glanced at the door as it closed

Making sure Dre was gone, the doctor glanced at the door as it closed. The doctor looked back over at me and said, "Did you know you're pregnant" the doctor said.

"I'm sorry what" I said making sure I heard her correctly. "You're pregnant, when you came in last night, I ran a pregnancy test and it came back positive" she said. I closed my eyes and began to silently cry. She walked over to me and rubbed my shoulder. "I'll give you some time, but you need to start pre-natal care soon. Overall, you are fine to go home tonight. Just take a small dose of Tylenol for the pain" she said before leaving the room.

Sitting there in the bed, I felt like the whole room was spinning. It was like too much life changing information was being thrown at me, I couldn't think straight. I hear my phone buzz and read the text. I replied and let Dre know that it was okay to come in.

Dre's POV

Locking my phone, I walked into the room and saw Melissa's puffy eyes

Locking my phone, I walked into the room and saw Melissa's puffy eyes. I'm not sure what the doctor said to her, but I didn't think she was expecting bad news. I grabbed a tissue and gave it to her before sitting down in my chair. "You wanna talk about it?" I asked nervously. She shook her head no and leaned back in the bed to get comfortable. Throwing away the tissue, Melissa sat up, "The doctor said that I can leave" she said simply. "Cool" I said glancing over at her. She grabbed her jacket and purse and placed her phone in her pocket.

We walked out of the room and took the elevator to the first floor lobby. We walked to the car and I opened the door for her to get in. I walked over to my side and got in. I sat there for a moment about to speak, when she broke the silence. "Thank you Dre... for taking me to the hospital" she said looking up at me, "And for staying the night with me" she added as a tear rolled down her cheek. I felt a bit weird, something was off, and I still couldn't put my finger on why she kept crying. I didn't want to press the issue, so I kept my thoughts to myself. "It's no problem, where to?" I asked turning on the car. "Could we go by your place?" she asked with pleading eyes. "I just... don't want to go home yet" she spoke softly. "Sure" I said. I didn't expect her to be this forward. Honestly, we never saw eye to eye and I didn't think that a trip to the hospital would probe her to want to come to my house. But I guess if this makes her feel better, what could it hurt?