s e v e n

James' POV

"Is everything in order for the investors today" Naomi asked while she fixed my tie for me

"Is everything in order for the investors today" Naomi asked while she fixed my tie for me. I nodded. "I had Dre handle everything for the party tonight. If all goes well, we should have a meeting the following day" I said. She brushed my shoulders to make sure I looked my best. As she began to walk away, I grabbed her arm and pulled her close. "Thank you for doing this. I know we aren't on good terms, but you still show up for me" I said. She chuckled. "You think I'm doing this for you? I'm doing this for my family's reputation. I don't need anyone wondering about my personal business" she said and snatched her arm away. Cutting her eyes at me, she walked out my office door and into the club.

I sighed and then proceeded to follow her.

"Mr. and Mrs. Robinson, thank you so much for being here today. I hope you have a wonderful time tonight. And please, do not hesitate to call me if you need absolutely anything" I said to the new possible investors for the club. Naomi stood beside and smiled. "Oh, and this is my beautiful wife Naomi. She's the real boss if you ask me" I joked with them. They laughed and took sips of champagne.  We sat and talked with them for a while until I saw her walk over to our section.

Mel walked over to our section with two bottles of Ace of Spades. "Oh, its Mel right" Naomi asked her with a smile. "Yes, hi" she answered. Mr. Robinson leaned over and whispered in my ear, "she's quite the looker. Please tell me you've handled that". I looked back at him with a smile trying to conceal my anger. "She is beautiful" I simply answered.

Melissa's POV

Sometimes I get requests to be a bottle service girl for special VIP guests

Sometimes I get requests to be a bottle service girl for special VIP guests. It didn't bother me all that much because I made good money and sometimes extra tips if I'm nice. "Mel, take these bottles to the VIP table 2" Dre said. "Ok" I said and grabbed the bottles and stuck them in a bucket of ice then carried it up the stairs. As I walked closer to the section, I saw James and that woman from the other night sitting with an older white couple.

The older white man smiled, and I think he even winked at me. Shaking off the disgust, I smiled back and set the bottles on the table. "Hi, my name is Mel and I will be your server tonight" I said and looked over at James. It was like he was expressionless; I couldn't read his face. Looking over at the woman, she began talking to me. "Good to see you again" she said.