Chase x Reader: Rainy Day

For the first time in ages it was raining in LA. The parched land hungrily drank up the water that poured outside your window. Frankly, you'd count the rain as a blessing, less chance of fires.
It's still mildly warm out, maybe you could go sit in the back yard or on the porch? Definitely the porch. You get up and nab a blanket and towel to have on standby in case it gets worse before in a rush, you trip over the fabrics you're carrying, barely making it out the back door.
How lovely it is. The sky a soft silver, the air a little humid. You can taste and smell the water. It's almost like home.
.And just as you had prepared, the rains came down harder, saturating your hair and shirt. You sigh "and just when I thought-"
"It couldn't get any worse!" Someone many miles away finishes your thought. While the ending isn't what you would have said, it's true! A poor young man finds himself struggling to yank his heavy backpack out the door of a subway and to his car. "Stupid rain, stupid water, stupid-" he grumbles on and on to himself, throwing his bag in the back seat before realizing he'd left their windows down. Great, those are gonna be soaked... He stomps over to the drivers side and rattles the engine to life. He tries to get home soon, he really does, but the rain forces traffic and everything is just so hard to see. This is ridiculous.
Back at home, you've dried off and swapped clothes. Now it's just you, the blanket, and coco as you watch the rain outside. You worry for a moment that your roommate Chase might not make it back safely. Rain seemed to just bring him bad luck. "Please don't get in a crash..." you mumble, still staring out the window, watching and waiting.
"WATCH WHERE YOU'RE GOIN'!" Chase slams his fist on his horn. "Stupid dumb ass mother-" a horn goes off behind him "Oh what! You too?!?" He almost break checks before realizing that it's a semi behind him. Instead he opts to just switch lanes. Those things are too big to be messin with. He sighs and pushes his foot on the pedal. "A few more exits, you can make it...just a few more..."
You've since moved from your spot near the window to digging through the freezer. There's gotta be something good there! Hm... no...not that either... is this even still good??? You shove the freezer shut. Crackers it is then. You take the whole sleeve and sit at your laptop, tacking out some of that homework you'd fallen behind on. Sooner or later you'd catch-up. The lights around you start to flicker. "It's...nothing. Just the rain." You glance at them for a moment. Bang! Something explodes outside "just the...box regulator thing. Nothing to worry-" the power shuts off "about..." its dark, and you're home alone. You hear the door knob rattle in the living room. "Mmm nope.." you cringe rubbing your face. The door opens. "Who's there?!" You shout from your seat, arming yourself with a pencil. You make your way to the living room entry when-
"What on earth are you doin?" You freeze mid creep.
"Making sure I don't die?" You joke slowly coming out of your weird step "you scared me! The power just went out and I thought you were some kind of crazy murderer."
"Seriously?" Chase looks at you confused and almost insulted. He sluffs his jacket off and tosses his bag in the corner.
"How was work today?" You pop a cracker in your mouth.
"Don't wanna talk about it." He huffs, kicking his shoes off.
"Oh..." you swallow "one of those days." You pause to think of how you could help. In the mean time, chase has meandered into the kitchen, in search of a snack. "Mind the fridge! Don't know when they'll get the electricity running again!" You call out.
"Got it."
Aha! Idea. You run into your room and grab the best blankets you can find before hurrying back to the kitchen.
Chase sits at the table, almost sulking, and crunching on a bag of chips.
  "Wanna come watch the rain with me?" You smile, plopping a blanket over his shoulders.
"Do what now?"
  "The rain. Ya know, curl up in a blanket, sit on the porch, eat some ice cream."
  "Dude, I just got back inside from being in the rain."
  You knock against your forehead "right, right. Sorry. Want me to leave ya alone?" You offer
  "I mean, you're fine, I might just need a little bit of that bubble thing you were talking about. Remember that poor schmuck from the convention?"
"Oh bite me, Brody." You huff, yanking the ice cream out of the freezer. It takes you a while to notice him stifling a grin "and what is it now?"
"Well, I could, but I don't think you'd like it." He states forming a cheeky grin.
"No. Bad." You flip his blanket over his face "not allowed." You grump back to your bowl "If you'll excuse me, I'm going to sit outside with my rain and ice cream." You flick your nose to the air in mock poshness and attitude, leaving him be.
You cuddle up in your blanket on the step, underneath the awning and watch the puddles form. The patter on the roof sends away most of your fears. A symphony of taks and plats.
The door behind you opens silently.
"Sorry for makin ya mad earlier.." chase sits down beside you, wrapped up and ice cream in hand.
"Are you really?" You grin at him.
"No, I'm not." He smirks back.
"Pff, I would have thought as much." You take a bite of ice cream "it's okay, I wasn't really mad either."
He lays his head on your shoulder, sighing. "You feeling any better?" You reach up and mess with a few wisps of hair.
"Yeah.."
"Still don't want to talk about it?"
"Correct amundo."
"Alright, I'll be waitin for when you are." You sit together, the sound of rain above you.

"Remember when you had to come pick me up from the middle of nowhere?"
"And you had no clue how it happened? Yeah."
"I think it happened again... I'm wiping tables one moment, and the next thing I know, I'm locked in the basement."
"Oh..."
"And then I had to wait for someone to get me because my phone was in the back. And then it started raining, and it just-" he stops himself and gestures stiffly with his hands "sucked."
You're at a loss of what to say, or how to even help. "I'm glad you told me.." an idea comes to mind "if you're really worried, we could always put one of those box trackers on you!" You grin
"Pfff, or a pet chip" he jokes back. "If lost, please call animal control."
"Oh come on, we know it'd really be the Cool Patrol."
"I thought we agreed to never speak of that again."
"Aw come on, you gotta admit that ya had fun with Dan and the guys."
"Yeah, yeah."
You both hunker down a while longer, ice cream long finished.
"Hey Chase?"
"Hm"
"I love you."
He holds onto you a little tighter, seeming to hesitate "I love you too,"

You love the rain, it's just like home.