The Victim

Through the blood, the monster tries to get a better look at her, at this girl who is clearly not what she seemed. "Who are you?"

"Hardly anyone anymore." The girl gives her sad little smile. "I used to be a daughter, but you killed my parents. I used to be a sister, but you killed my brothers. My grandparents too. Now there's no one left but me. So tonight, I'm the victim."

"That much I know." The monster turns more fully into the wolf, but it takes time. It takes time both because he is injured, and because he is trying to keep the ability to talk, trying to be only mostly wolf. It's a new experience, which is terrific, but he's not very good at it yet.

The girl sniffles. "But what you don't know is that I brought my own berries."

At least the monster thinks that's what the girl says. Her words aren't entirely clear, now that she's gotten all emotional over the memory of her family. He means to ask for clarification, but his vocal chords are inexplicably full of fur, and he should probably stop experimenting and just kill her, but then again, now that he thinks about it, he should probably also find out if anyone else knows these things about him so he can kill them too.

Also, she still has the twig, and he is down to only one eye.